Our "new" Michaels

Sylviaf

For some reason, they decided to move the Michaels store located near me to a space by the mall that used to house Circuit City. They opened on Sunday and I visited today. What a disappointment! They really downsized the yarn and needlework sections. If you are around Schaumburg Il, I recommend going to Hoffman Estates' or Bloomindale's stores. (Or even Hobby Lobby down the street.) Don't waste your time with this one for yarn. I didn't even look at other things in the store, but the space is very small.

I live on Long Island and the Michaels in Levittown is also moving across the parking lot near BJ's and Best Buy. It is going (as of now) into the old Linens & Things store which does seem bigger. Not sure when, just saw the sign up at the new location and when I asked at the old store, they are not sure when the actual move will be. I hope they either increase their yarn selection or at least keep it as is (preferably increase though).

LI Roe

The newly renovated one in Emeryville, CA is pathetic! They have one aisle of combined yarn and needlework and almost the whole rest of the store is scrapbooking. I don't scrapbook, but having 90% of the store dedicated to it seems a little off balance. I won't be going there again!

The one in Algonquin changed things around and brought in tons of beads. Aisles and aisles of beads. I do some beading on crochet, but I certainly don't think they need that much. And the yarn aisles are smaller than they were. It's a disappointment.

:manyheart

Archived