Patternworks Catalog

I just got the new Patternworks catalog in the mail yesterday. Imagine my surprise when I saw an item in it I've been using for about four years now. On page 70... "The Perfect Notion Case" item #300547 set of two for $11.99.

I bought the exact same case at Wal-Mart for I believe 99 cents. In fact I bought four of them. They were in the health and beauty dept. where all the samples are and toothbrush soap holders etc.. I then went over to the craft dept. and bought one of those self-sticking magnet sheets and cut out a small square to fit the larger square of the case so my needles would stay put. I have my needles in it, stitch markers, a few safety pins, a counter, beads if I need them for a crochet project. It works great. If anyone is interested, try your local Wal-Mart first, big big difference in the price.

I have not gotten this cataloge yet, but I do find that some of the stuff in them can be made much earsier and cheaper.

I guess like anything else, if it has a fancy name on it, it will be expensive. Look at the prices of Crocheted pieces in the stores.:hook

Archived