Itty Bitty Babies 5" Doll Clothes

Shellie

As usual, I picked one outfit pattern but shopped around the other patterns for different pieces. These are for my two Kentucky girls I send doll clothes pkgs to once a month. I think they might be ready for a crochet closet!

post-15976-135897500689_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Shellie, I have been considering getting one of these little dolls for my Niece and then working on a wardrobe for it. Are all of the clothes made out of thread?

Shellie, I have been considering getting one of these little dolls for my Niece and then working on a wardrobe for it. Are all of the clothes made out of thread?

They are made out of thread but there is a woman on here that designed an outfit using Lustersheen (size 3 cotton works too). After looking at her clothes, I think you could mess with them to make lots of outfits. Don't make the foot part and you have pants.

Crochet the top longer and you have a dress, make only the foot part and sl st around if too loose-voila, shoes. Etc.

That might help some that can't work with the size 10 thread and tiny hooks.

Hope that gives you some ideas. Here is her outfit.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109446&page=2

Thanks for the inspiration, I am going to order one for my niece. My only attempt to work with thread and tiny hook wasnt to successful so I have been hesistant to commiting to making the outfits. The dolls are so darn cute, they are hard to resist!

Archived