Learn to Knit -Barbara Walker Afghan Book

JulieKay

Oh,boy, I don't blame you for not wanting to go 18 rows back. WOW, that'd be DAYS of work for me .

That's the problem with learning to knit ,if you make a mistake , it seems really hard to go back and repair it .

Kinda makes me sweat bullets thinking about some of those squares we have ahead of us.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everybody. I haven't been disappearing! I am ummm... stalling ? So, you can catch up with me! :D

Ok ok, I have no excuse as Gardener is ahead of me. :blush:P

All I can say is that things were so bad for me since my last post. It's something that make me newly unemployed. Look at the bright side, I have a lot and lot of spare time to play with my crafts. :D

I am going to reorganize my WIPs and figure out the schedule when I can work on them in turns, include the LTK project.

I will be back tomorrow with the updates on the LTK squares. :yes

Hi Diane

So sorry to hear about your job loss. I hope you can find a new one soon .

We'll be watching for your square updates, since you'll have more time to work on them for awhile at least .

Hopefully you'll have another job soon,though .

Good luck !

Diane, I like the way you're lookinga at the bright side! Let's get those WIPs whipped!:cheer

Good morning, Jules!

Good morning Julie and Judy.

Diane, sorry to hear about your job loss. Hope something else turns up for you soon.

I'm nearly done with square 33. Its actually quite easy despite my mistake, which was really just carelessness.

Morning guys

sorry, I didnt think to check back in here til now ..

Havent yet gotten to my re-do of my basketweave. Jude- your turtle is beating mine.

I have a fixation with that 63 to get it moving,so it has taken front seat at least for a day or 2. We shall see how long that lasts .

Hope to make time to pick up my sticks again this week .

Cindy I'm glad your 33 is going well now .

I have 4 rows left on 33, but I quit working on it. I kept making stupid mistakes, and have had to do a lot of "unknitting" this morning. I decided it was because I haven't done any laundry since the beginning of last week, and it was calling to me, you know, like those subliminal messages that they say are present in music they play in stores.

Morning ltk ladies

Oh so few we are, but so mighty .

Think I've been playing castles and knights too long .

Our knitting needles are our swords .

I started my basketweave square yesterday and somehow got off count,had to tear out 7 rows. No clue,so back to my beginning cast on row.

Here we go again this morning,will try it again today .

Jules...that was a big Oooooops! When I was on my first square I was wearing out the yarn because I was frogging it so often!!:lol

Good luck with today's effort! I should get more done today, too,

Good morning.

Judy, my dh noticed the mistake, although he already knew that there was a mistake, so I think the average person would be able to catch it, if they were looking. However, it doesn't look awful, so it will find its way into the finished afghan. (if it ever is a finished afghan!)

I'm going out for lunch today, and I think I might stop by Hobby Lobby or Michaels and see what they have int he way of cable needles. I've been making do with a stitch holder, but its quite awkward.

Good morning.

Judy, my dh noticed the mistake, although he already knew that there was a mistake, so I think the average person would be able to catch it, if they were looking. However, it doesn't look awful, so it will find its way into the finished afghan. (if it ever is a finished afghan!)

Oh, it'll be finished! Jules will keep us honest.:lol:lol:lol

...though it may take me years to get there...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. ladies!

I haven't picked up my knitting in days...but it's shouting at me to pay attention to it from its position on the floor!

I haven't knit on my LTK square at all for most of this week, but today I worked on a scarf that I started months ago. I was gifted some really soft, fuzzy yarn, which is hard for me to crochet with, so I decided to make a scarf with just straight garter stitch. It is over three feet long already. I've used up half the yarn, and I'm going to knit until its gone.

Archived