Learn to Knit -Barbara Walker Afghan Book

JulieKay

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I;m up to row 8 on square 3:lol

At least it's going smoothly now - just need to put the hook down occasionally so I can pick up the pointy sticks!

Jude

whenever you are ready to give the baby blankie a go, give a shout out . I printed out the pattern this morning . I will be adding some additional stitches to mine ,since the largest circulars I have are 8's and I will most likely be using Carons SS . I'm not familiar with the yarn they recommend, are you ? Id it a bulky type ?

Anyhow, I may add like 20 more stitches ?

We need to keep the 4's on each side ,and the 10's as the blocks in the patterns, so it should be kinda easy to add numbers on and make it workable .

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm kinda excited to give it a try . I have no babies to make it for, but there are always new babies somewhere in our extended family of cousins -- I have too many to count, of all ages .There is almost always a new baby or a pregnant cousin at reunion each year. An ever-growing family .

Jules...are you doing the basketweave one? I have to get longer circulars. Mine are only 16 inches,

Cindy - I love knitting and thought there;s nothing like plunging right in...that's how I made my first crocheted doily...never knowing it should have been beyond my abilities as a beginner!

I like knitting too, and my first knitted project was a fan and feather pattern baby blanket that I made for my oldest DD. However, I didn't do many other crafts then, and it took me the entire 9 months to make that blanket.

I'm not sure I would ever make another one, although I'd never say never!

At the moment I have a knitted scarf in progress (about 3 feet done so far)and a pair of knitted slippers. My grandma always knit me these checkerboard slippers every winter, and when I found the pattern she always used on the internet, I decided to make myself a pair for old times sake. I'm even using her favorite color combination, turquoise and white.

Cindy, those slippers sound so nice! Do you have a link I can add to my small, but growing collection of knit patterns?

Cindy- those slippers are so cute. I've had those before, but never done in checkerboards like that. Very neat !

Me & Jude are talking about making a little baby blanket pattern on the LiondBrand page -- here's the link ---

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60080A.html

if you would like to join in, we'll holler when we are ready to start. I guess we're both trying to finish off or further along a couple things before starting on it ,,but it's very basic . Nothing at all as advanced as the one you made-- that one sounded very pretty, but very much more difficult than the one we will be tackling .

I have done two repeats on square 33, and my cables actually look like cables. I find them a bit awkward to do, but the ones in this square aren't too hard. I assume that they will get more complex in the next squares though.

Good going, Cindy ! At least you are doing knitted cables, so that is GREAT !!!

Take the next step when you get to it . So far ,so good !

It's ok about the baby blankie . I just thought I'd offer. I know awhile back on one of the areas, you mentioned that you get bored easily and like to switch up on projects, so I thought I'd offer you another to switch up to .

Sounds like you have switched up a lot of times.

Maybe this could be the year you can pull out all your totes, pick one at a time and complete it.

Then next year, you canstart NEW projects,and refill your totes with new projects.

Julie, I'm not sure I can finish all these projects in a year.....

I took out my square 33 this morning and see that I made a mistake. One of my cables is going in the wrong direction, but since its about 18 rows back already, I'm thinking of just leaving it. 18 rows is hours of work for me. I must have put the twisted stitches on the wrong side of the knitting when I did that cable.

I took out my square 33 this morning and see that I made a mistake. One of my cables is going in the wrong direction, but since its about 18 rows back already, I'm thinking of just leaving it. 18 rows is hours of work for me. I must have put the twisted stitches on the wrong side of the knitting when I did that cable.

Oh, my!:eek

Other than making a new square I can't think of a better ide than to leave it.:yes

Archived