Learn to Knit -Barbara Walker Afghan Book

JulieKay

I didn't do any work on my LTK squares lately. I was distracted by other WIPs. I have one more WIP to do.

Then I can work on a LTK square. I hope to finish two LTK squares this week, even if I have few projects going on at same time.

I am trying to finish up some old WIPs before I can start Crochet Games, hence the long delay on LTK squares. I am sure I will have my full focus on LTK in March. :yes

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still planning on working on my knitting every day - even if its just a few rows.... I don't want to loose the feel for it since I'm such a newbie.

I have had to barricade myself away from little fingers. They keep pulling my yarn out of the skeins, but not in a good way. Earlier they disconnected my wi-fi so I had to think really hard at how to turn it back on. Nine more crochet squares to go before I plan on pulling out my knitting needles. Might have to throw on a parka and sit outside to knit though. :P

Sherri

Yea, when my kids were little ,they'd grab hold of my yarn and walk halfway through the house unraveling my crochet projects.

That wasn't so bad, because it was easy to go back and fix what got pulled out .

If that happened with my knitting, I'd have a heart attack. It takes a long time to do one row, so it's be a lot of work down the drain .

Well, I've been working on the fire engine graph ghan...then took a break to work on LTK 2. I love the look of alternating the K and P stitches!:manyheart

Great! I often work on a big project and a LTK square in alternative turns. It helps me a lot.

I didn't touch my LTK square yet. I have to do few meetings at work, then I can try to work on a LTK square and a big WIP tonight.

I just realize I only have three old UFOs in the living room, not counting a hat WIP, LTK squares and the rest in my bedroom closet. Of course I do have three new projects waiting for me. :lol Those new projects have to wait for Crochet Games and afterward.

Jackson afghan, waves afghan and special olympic scarves. :heehee

thats sooooooooo nice

i wanted to buy that book once but i do have the 200knitted blockes to mix and match by jan eaton

so i thought to buy new knitting book i have to make something from the old one :yes

maybe ill pik up my sticks again some day

Hello Athba! It's always great to see you again. How's your DD and husband ?

We will be around for a long time. Please come back if you feel ready to try it. I will love to see your Jan Eaton squares!

Update on my LTK squares: I do few repeats on #27 and one repeat on #29. Unfortunately, my work really suck my energy this week. My boss just went out for a week. I think he will have a wedding soon.

I don't mind it much. It mean I can sneak in more crafting time between projects. Shhh! :devil I hope to finish at least half and half (half a square for both squares) by Thursday night. That way, I feel I can focus on the crochet games. Can't wait!

Ohh, I forgot I should start a swatch. I am not sure if I got a right hook size for Jackson Afghan. Something I should try for tomorrow night's craft/tv night.

Good night!

Hi. ladies!

Well, the Crochet Games start tonight...I'll be still working on my square. I've been putting a few rows on it a day. I don't want to put it down for any length of time - I'm afraid I'll get out of my rhythm!

Howdy folks

Just a quick stop in to give you an update .

I FINALLY finished my poor square 4 . Now that one took me awhile . It turned out pretty ,and the instructions weren't hard, I just think it was because you had to keep really close attention to what row you were on, so I took it really slow,and makred off a row everytime I finished one .

On to the next .... I agree, Judy, it is probably a good idea not to totally lay this one down, because I found that if you do, then you seem to lose the ease that you had in holding the needles, etc,and have to re-learn it all over .

Diane - you are lucky to have a job that you can sometimes do some crochet or knitting . What type job do you have, may I ask ?

I am an Internet Technology professional. I did odd jobs that other ITs don't want to do. I mainly do the databases projects which includes the server work.

My boss is away on his honeymoon so I have no problem working on my crafts during the breaks. The server room is rather noisy and cold. No one really want to stay there for long periods. It's a big advantage for a deaf person like me. ;)

Tomorrow will be the last day in the server room. I hope to have two days off this week. :xfin

I hope I can catch up with Crochet Games afghan. So far, I am almost done with second sc square for Jackson Afghan. I am going to work on a LTK square this weekend as a break from Crochet Games.

Well, Diane

It sounds to me like you have a good job, and very professional sounding . You must be good on computers to do a job like that.

You are also doing well to keep up with so many different crochet projects while working . The flannelghan should be easy to catch up on if thats what you want to make. They are pretty fast moving if you have time to work on it for short amounts.

Anyhow I have been sliding on my knitting. Need to pick it up again once my flannelghan is done .

I have 2 strips to go .

Talk again soon, hope you get your days off !

I haven't been knitting on my squares recently. The one I'm working on, #31 isn't hard, but it requires switching techniques every few stitches, and I don't feel like concentrating on it, so I keep making mistakes.

I am working on knitting a dishcloth though.

At least you guys are keeping into the knitting to some extent . I really had every intention of doing that and did start out really well with it, but alas... a few CALs later ... here we go again ..

Anyhow, I am on a mad dash to complete my FG soon,then can get back to square country .

Crocheted AND knitted.

Maybe it'll be easier to focus if I have 2 projects, both SQUARES .

I can divide up my craft time and do half and half each day .

I have a half day off from work today. :)

I decide to catch up with Jackson Square afghan. The flannelghan is one of many WIMs. I am not ready to make one.

That's what I usually do with my LTK squares: Divide my craft time, do half and half per day. I usually do a repeat on each LTK square. Then I could play with other WIPs.

That's what I usually do with my LTK squares: Divide my craft time, do half and half per day. I usually do a repeat on each LTK square. Then I could play with other WIPs.

We're on the same page!:clap

Archived