Learn to Knit -Barbara Walker Afghan Book

JulieKay

Cindy, that's a very pretty look done that way!

I've been knitting today (in between getting my back treated by DS - a new injury, and I can't bend without excrusiating pain). But I walked out of his office much straighter than when I walked in.:)

Anyway, square one is Dark Orchid and lavendar and I'm about 7 rows into it. Changing the colors has been a huge help for me in not messing up my stitch count, etc.

And I LOVE using my bamboo needles. They're so silky and lightweight - and like my bamboo hooks, force me to ease up on my tension.

back to my pointy sticks now....

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys

Yea, it's quiet in here . We can only hope that means everyone is working on their square for the week .

Cindy- that is a very pretty afghan you showed the link to .

Jude- good for you, it sounds like you got a good start on square 1,and your colors will be very pretty . Can't wait to see the first one .

And the bamboo needles do seem to help ..they are nice ,and keep the yarn from slipping around as much I think .

Hope your poor back feels better . Makes your whole body tired when you have a backache,doesn't it ?

I'm so glad I decided to use the purples...the bamboo needles are so wonderful to use, too!

I'll be getting back to work on it now...

Taking a quick break...some of my kitted rows have "character":lol....and I;m leaving them that way;)

Back to the pointy sticks....

Jules...keep on chugging away!

I didn't do anything on LTK squares this week. I hope that I will have a whole day free to myself tomorrow. :xfin I am not sure which square I should do.

I might do what I usually do for this project, cast on two squares then switch between them - one repeat at a time. I will do few rows on each square tonight if I have spare time.

I have caron pounders in beige, off white, dark red and dark blue. My border will be black. Caron is nice but kinda irritating to use if the project take forever. At least, it feel that way to me. I have to take a lot of short breaks.

What keep me going is the stitches, the way the stitch pattern grow with each row. It help me a lot that there are different sections, each square so different. :)

Diane, that's awesome!:clap

...and that's what I like about this pattern....using 2 colors shows the stitches beautifully and I can really tell the front from the back.

Good job, Cindy

i think you may be ahead of the rest of us now !

I think you already knit fast enough to catch up! At the beginning I could barely get a square done in a week, and that was only if I devoted most of my crafting time to it!

Judy, I remember when I was knitting square 1 and thinking that it would never be finished. It seemed to take me such a long time to get one row done. Keep at it, you'll get there.

thanks...:)

I casted on square 27 in off white. I did few rows. I will work more on it tonight.

Don't worry about the speed of knitting. Pace youself and have fun! It should be a hobby, not a chore. ;)

:cheer K-N-I-T-! P-U-R-L-! :cheer

Just cheering you guys on. I won't be starting my next square until Sunday. In the meantime, I'm working on a knitted ripple. It's a 4 row repeat. Rows 1, 2, and 4 are easy. Row 3 is a bear if you miscount.

:cheerGo, Sherri, Go:cheer

Archived