Copenhagen Jacket

Tia

I got my first long panel to 40" and draped it over my should. I wasn't happy with how it hung on me....only came barely to my waist. I grabbed a favorite shirt of mine and measured it at almost 30" long. So I'm going to continue my panel until it's 60-62". I like my sweaters to pass the "bottom of the butt" test. :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished mine today, and it's drying after blocking now. I'l get pics tomorrow. I really like how it turned out, and I like it as a waist length jacket, but the pattern should be easy to lengthen into something longer. I was really happy when I finished it and my mom said it looked like the one on the website, since I'm blind I'm never quite sure if the way I'm reading the pattern is the way it was meant to be read. But the instructions were very clear on this one.

Oh, and I did not need as much yarn as the pattern called for. I ended up with two untouched skeins, but I like the yarn, and shall turn it into something else.

Okay, here's my pics (taken by my dad)

4396253884_62450bdefb.jpg

4396253976_0965d298b7.jpg

And my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Gordy wanting to be in the picture

4396253898_cb50197956.jpg

I wore my jacket today to family function, and had requests to make it for just about every woman there, and at one point my Grandmother asked to try it on, and walked off with it, so I would say it was a hit!

Okay, here's my pics (taken by my dad)

4396253884_62450bdefb.jpg

4396253976_0965d298b7.jpg

And my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Gordy wanting to be in the picture

4396253898_cb50197956.jpg

I wore my jacket today to family function, and had requests to make it for just about every woman there, and at one point my Grandmother asked to try it on, and walked off with it, so I would say it was a hit!

Oh, that turned out lovely! You used such a pretty color too. I can't wait to get back to mine now...

Thanks for all the compliments! I'm thinking this might make a amazing Mother's Day/Birthday/Christmas present for my mom, in a brown or red tone. But it will be a bit before I would start, those long panels seem neverending as they are!

Anielle that turned out gorgeous! You did a great job, no wonder you got requests.

I'm going to buy my yarn tonight and as soon as I'm done with one sweater (hopefully today) I'll begin to work on it (I will only have 3 sweater wips,:blush so I'll be okay).

Debbi

• 2 weeks later...

How is everyone coming on theirs?

The store didn't have my yarn color that day. :( But they did Friday, however, I couldn't get it right then, I'm going to try again tonight and hope they have the color. I have one short sleeve sweater with ends to weave in to wear on St. Patrick's day (it's green and white) then I can start this!

Debbi

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, how is everyone? Sorry I haven't been here in a while, I had a feeling this project would get set aside when it warmed up. But I've picked it back up again. I finished the first long panel and started the 2nd one. I'm making them 60" long.

If this jacket comes out nicely, I'm going to enter it into the county fair this Aug. That deadline will help motivate me to finish it.

Well, I've been sidelined by nerve damage in my wrist. Then, after a cortisone shot, I decided to try something more Springy. I'm afraid my jacket will languish as a WIP until Fall!

Heh.... and here I thought a "Copenhagen" jacket was one with a special pocket for that special "just a pinch between the cheek and gum" can of pick-me-up that some folk use up on the crick.

Heh.... and here I thought a "Copenhagen" jacket was one with a special pocket for that special "just a pinch between the cheek and gum" can of pick-me-up that some folk use up on the crick.

Um...eh? I know not of what you speak. (But I can guess :P )

Archived