Copenhagen Jacket

Tia

I tried it that way first, Debbi, and the stitches kept slumping down. Teresa told me that they look better after a few rows and she was right. I've got it all worked out now. I also have 3 other WIPs to finish so this will be a slow go for me too. :juggle

I'm glad you got it going.

I tried it again this morning, just that section, and thought I'm going to just put them in the top of the PBtr or the FPtr. That keeps them in place and looks better without the sliding around.

Debbi

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am loving this sweater! I am hoping to do this project, but I just priced it out and can't squeeze out the funds for it right now. I will have to hold out until after the tax refund is received. So for know I will have to keep cheering on your great work. I printed the pattern though and am going to make notes on your feedback:cheer.

I'm using Knitpicks bare (undyed) and can get more no problem. I will dye the pieces before sewing them together.

Oh, that's really neat. I've never tried that and will be interested to see how it works out. I hope you'll be letting us see before and after photos. :)

Oh Teresa, your panel looks beautiful! I actually like it better than the original. For my part, I've been stopped in my tracks by wrist pain again. I get this repetitive motion injury about once a year. I know it's from too much crochet so I'll have to lay off for a few weeks and see if it heals up. :(

Roli, I hope your wrist feels better soon!

I'm over halfway done with my first long panel, and I'm really beginning to cruise with it, now that I'm well familiar with the stitch pattern.

I showed my work so far to my 91 year old grandmother, and I have to go email her the link to the pattern now. One of my aunts who knits was there as well, and she said she didn't know that you could do cables and zig-zags like that with crochet. So some fun and interesting conversation ensued.

I'm lurking until I get a couple WIP's done, but thanks for starting up this CAL. The Copenhagen pattern is definitely on my to-do list!

And I love seeing the progress pictures from everybody! :)

I've completed the long panels, the front panels and the underarm panels, so I'm hoping to finish the back panel soon, and get the body of the jacket put together. I'll try and get some pics of it so far this weekend.

I've completed the long panels, the front panels and the underarm panels, so I'm hoping to finish the back panel soon, and get the body of the jacket put together. I'll try and get some pics of it so far this weekend.

Wow! You're speeding right along. Can't wait to see your pics.

I didn't get any pics this weekend, because while I completed the back panel, I managed to leave it on the kitchen while I went out of town. So I worked on the collar rthis weekend, and put the body of the jacket together yesterday. It was exciting to get all the panels together, because then it actually looked like a garment at last. I started in on the sleeves last night, and those you have to pay close attention to the pattern, since basicly every row is different, no 6 row repeat for the sleeves!

I've been lurking off and on since this started. I'm thinking of trying to make this if someone could answer a few questions. First, I only have RH WW yarn mostly. I don't order anything online. So I can't get the specialty yarns you need for some patterns. My lys I think just has the basics you might need. So for those of you who've started making this, could I use what I have and would it be okay? Thanks for any help. :)

I've been lurking off and on since this started. I'm thinking of trying to make this if someone could answer a few questions. First, I only have RH WW yarn mostly. I don't order anything online. So I can't get the specialty yarns you need for some patterns. My lys I think just has the basics you might need. So for those of you who've started making this, could I use what I have and would it be okay? Thanks for any help. :)

You would have to do some pattern tweaking, since the yarn used by the pattern issignificantly finer than the RH ww. Try swatching and see what you get, compared to the swatch in the pattern. I'm aweful with math though.

I think RH WW would be too thick. Caron Simply Soft is more of a light worsted or a DK weight. The best way, like anielle said, is to do a swatch. But even be careful with that. You might be able to force your RH WW into gauge by using a smaller hook, but then you could end up with a very stiff fabric.

I'm bad with math too.:lol That's why I don't like to make something that you have to really have to check guage. :D I'll see if I have anything lighter that WW. Or maybe I might be able to get close to the type I need.

You would have to do some pattern tweaking, since the yarn used by the pattern issignificantly finer than the RH ww. Try swatching and see what you get, compared to the swatch in the pattern. I'm aweful with math though.

I think RH WW would be too thick. Caron Simply Soft is more of a light worsted or a DK weight. The best way, like anielle said, is to do a swatch. But even be careful with that. You might be able to force your RH WW into gauge by using a smaller hook, but then you could end up with a very stiff fabric.

Actually, I started it with RH. It was fine. It was a larger guage (but then I also crochet loose), but the stitches were fine. I did to a guage, since one guage swatch is the pattern, I used that. And actually since it is the panel, if it works find you can just keep crocheting:crocheting!

I'm going to start this again after I get some other color (I ended up putting this on hold then used the color for another project because I had it on hand). I'm going to use RH WW in a Country Blue. I think that would make a great weekend sweater when it's cool and work great with jeans.

Debbi

Here's a photo after about 20 rows completed. I can see that this project is going to take a while...:P

Carol - that looks great in the Claret. I love the stitch definition you get with the Caron Country yarn, and the sheen - even if it is a little splitty... I have a whole bag of that yarn, maybe I'll try this sweater when I finish Lisa Gentry's Carefree Cardigan from her Closet Crochet book (which I'm doing in the forest green Caron Country yarn)

Thanks for the info. Useing blue to match jeans is a good idea. What I'm looking for is something I can use at work for the extremly rare times I get alittle cold at work. You might think I don't need a sweater on a hot island but when you're working in an office with aircon, that's when you could feel cold. :yes

Actually, I started it with RH. It was fine. It was a larger guage (but then I also crochet loose), but the stitches were fine. I did to a guage, since one guage swatch is the pattern, I used that. And actually since it is the panel, if it works find you can just keep crocheting:crocheting!

I'm going to start this again after I get some other color (I ended up putting this on hold then used the color for another project because I had it on hand). I'm going to use RH WW in a Country Blue. I think that would make a great weekend sweater when it's cool and work great with jeans.

Debbi

Well ladies, I've had to abandon my project for now. My wrist is actually getting worse and I'll have to keep it in a splint for a while. In addition, my best friend, Bailey, the little cockapoo that has graced so many pages of my blog died Saturday. He was 15 but I'm so sad that I can't even think about anything else now. :cry

I'll check back from time to time to see how you are doing.

Rolli,

I'm sorry to hear about Bailey. I love pets and understand completely. :hug

Pat, I was going to do mine in Cafe and the cables showed wonderful (you can find a pic a few pages back). That would be a nutural enough color for work. Or even Aron. I did a Cable Sweater in aron and the cables show up beautiful and they were just simple ones. That's the color of the store bought sweater I have at work (I've had it for years so that's why I don't have a crochet one, but thanks for the idea!). So those are two possible colors if you just want a simple color to match anything you happen to wear.

Debbi

Thanks for the ideas. I remember seeing the cable sweater and thinking it looked nice. I've never tried to make something like that before.

Rolli,

I'm sorry to hear about Bailey. I love pets and understand completely. :hug

Pat, I was going to do mine in Cafe and the cables showed wonderful (you can find a pic a few pages back). That would be a nutural enough color for work. Or even Aron. I did a Cable Sweater in aron and the cables show up beautiful and they were just simple ones. That's the color of the store bought sweater I have at work (I've had it for years so that's why I don't have a crochet one, but thanks for the idea!). So those are two possible colors if you just want a simple color to match anything you happen to wear.

Debbi

So sorry about Bailey, it's hard losing a pet/friend.

Update on my jacket, after redoing both sleeves to get them the same, I have two matching sleeves! so cranking away at the collar now, in order to finish it by the closing ceremonies!

Archived