Copenhagen Jacket

Tia

Oh, I wish I could do this, but I just can't afford the money for the yarn right now & I'd really want to do something like that in the right kind of yarn for it.

One gripe I have about the Caron patterns & the Coats too actually, is that they either show the pics so small you can't really see it or the yarn color is so dark you can't see it then either. I wish they'd lighten up the pics & show full front & back views. Some of these are gorgeous patterns. I've seen some people have completed on Ravelry, but you'd never know it from the company pics.

Good luck everyone!

I'm sure if you keep watch there will be lots of pics here for you to see. I'll be posting some, but then I've changed the pattern to make it easier for me. :devil

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Progress so far:

post-11662-135897500103_thumb.jpg

post-11662-1358975001_thumb.jpg

Don't use my pics to compare with yours ;). I abandoned the zig zags and started doing cross posts, I also have two cables, with alternating FPdc, hdc between them. I'm also doing my cables differently. Sorry, the pattern was just too difficult for me.

Welcome :lurk. Some peoples notes say that it doesn't take as much yarn as listed. And keep lurking, I know I'm going to be here for quite a while as I'm doing this in fingering weight yarn with and E hook. :hook Come and join us when you're ready.

Wow! I think this jacket is enough of a challenge without changing the yarn to fingering weight! I'm anxious to see how that will work out.

I'm thinking of giving this a go! I haven't made myself a sweater of any kind yet, and I'm looking forward to the challange! I keep on wearing a similar sweater my aunt knitted in the 70's, so I would really enjoy an updated version.

I'm thinking of giving this a go! I haven't made myself a sweater of any kind yet, and I'm looking forward to the challange! I keep on wearing a similar sweater my aunt knitted in the 70's, so I would really enjoy an updated version.

Welcome! Do you have a color in mind?

I'm not too sure of a color yet, but I'm leaning towards plum. I'm going to try and get to the store later this week and see what appeals. I want a color that I can wear into the spring, since sweater weather in WI lasts a long time!

Well, I ordered my yarn from JoAnn's--Naturally Caron Country in Claret. Now we'll see how long it takes to get here! I'll definitely be bringing up the rear in this CAL...:(

Stunning jacket. I might join you if i can work out what type of yarn i'll need. Been in the UK we name our yarn differently but it looks like an Arran in the photo. I have a spare ball here so i'll do a test and see if it measures up ok.

Stunning jacket. I might join you if i can work out what type of yarn i'll need. Been in the UK we name our yarn differently but it looks like an Arran in the photo. I have a spare ball here so i'll do a test and see if it measures up ok.

It calls for a light worsted, which would be more of DK weight, I believe.

I love this pattern too! But like Happy Stitcher I have to swear off WIPS till I whittle some of mine down - I'm getting there!

Would love to see your progress!!!!

I've frogged this for hopefully the last time. I think I finally have the pattern (my version) down and needed to start over. Now my panel is coming out a little narrow, but I'm thinking maybe I can make the back panel wider or something to compensate.

That jacket is gorgeous!!!!

Tia - I hope your pattern changes work out... I think that there are many of us with too many WIP's, and wishing we could join you:blush

Meanwhile, take heart in knowing that we are :cheeryou on! :U

Another lurker here, I also think this sweater is gorgeous, and am tempted to make it, but like a lot of other people, I need to get rid of some of my WIP mountain before starting another project.

I will be checking out the progress pictures, though.

Tia, hopefully this try will be a keeper.

I was thinking with mine, doing it in one piece from the bottom up. Not in panels. I tried and had one of the zig zags going wrong, so I'll have to frog. I figure for the back to create a neck section, I can just do the side "panels" for the shoulders, leaving off the center panel. If I want to do an underarm, leave off the end zig zags, or just do drop sleeves. Then do the panels for the front. I'm thinking drop sleeves will be the easiest, but it may not matter which I choose, both would look good. It actually fits me better this way (not too big).

I did notice that in the size small center back panel there is a mistake. The row 2 should be the same as the others, it's not in the pattern. It should be a BPc. That's the panel I looked at because I didn't need the extra width for my guage.

So after I frog and have some done, I'll post a pic.

Debbi

Good morning all. I'm snowed in today! :snow And we've got more snow coming Sat.

Yay, we've got more lurkers, I expect some might be able to join us by summertime. I hope to have mine finished by Sept., that's when it starts cooling off in the evenings around here (mtns of WV). Plus that's probably when I'll need to start working on Christmas projects.

This time my pattern is working....maybe a little narrow, but not going to frog it. I've got about 20 rows done, I'll take a pic in a couple days. I'm very pleased with how it's looking. :)

Okay, Tia. I'm curious where in the mountains of WV. I spent a bit of time in Bluefield and toured the surrounding areas.

The Appalachian Trail is in our "back yard", i.e. the top of our mountain is where the border of VA/WV is in the Eastern Panhandle. And the trail runs along that border. Our address is Harpers Ferry, but we're really south of there. We're actually closer to Charles Town (races and slots :) ), though I've never been to the races.

We're expecting around 20" of white stuff :2snow this weekend :eek . If any of you say your daily prayers, could you keep us in mind, please....specifically that we don't lose power. Thanks.

:wbrr

I'm excited I'm going yarn shopping tonight! I'll actually have to decide on a color though. :P

Would it be totally crazy to try and do this for the 2010 Crochet Games? I have lots of free time, but finishing this in 16 days seems a bit daunting.

Archived