Irene--Doilies with a Twist

rascalsmom

I just finished this one, Irene, from Patricia Kristofferson's "Doilies With A Twist" book. It is about 12" in diameter, made with size 10 thread and a size 7 Bates hook. I changed it up a bit by using two colors of thread.

post-8693-135897499247_thumb.jpg

A couple of closer views:

post-8693-135897499256_thumb.jpg

post-8693-135897499252_thumb.jpg

I admit I thought a lot about my grandma, who was a major crocheter and also named Irene, while making this one. She never made doilies that I know of, she was more of an afghan maker; but she did love to crochet.

I may have to make the doily called "Ruby" from this book--I've got a dog named Ruby! :lol

Thanks for looking! :hook

That is beautiful...You do great work...It looks complicated to do...:)

It wasn't really all that complicated. It's rated as an "experienced" pattern, but really, if you have the basics down, I think you could do this. Of course a little experience with doilies and thread helps, too.

Edited to add, I just looked at some of the doilies you've made--they are beautiful! I am SURE you could make one of PK's doilies with a twist!

Yours turned out great! I made that one too in red and white:)

I will also admit to being intimidated by some of her patterns, especially the 1st spiral one I did which was Irene too, but after completing several of her other patterns I find it much easier to do and understand what she is doing in her patterns.

Melissa, that is absolutely gorgeous! What a fabulous piece of work, although I'm pretty sure I don't have the patience for those little twisty parts....

BTW, we'll be in the US again this year--later in the spring, through October. I hope we can get together--I don't know about your daughter, but mine is putting the pressure on already...LOL.

Archived