Rose Parade

Granny Square

OMG it's beautiful! I have the magazine and was thinking of making it when I finish the tablecloth. Do they now have corrections posted? Or where do I find them before starting??

Hi Linda, I just checked and there are no corrections posted yet.

When you go to the magazine website, there's a menu on the left, scroll down to revisions and corrections, then enter the name of the pattern. They have changed their menu, you used to be able to choose an issue and see all the corrections. I didn't submit my suggestions for corrections because I didn't take detailed notes, just 'wing it' notes :blush

The biggest error was on the outer carnations, row 5 should have been 'sc, ch-4 in next 12 sts' instead of 'sc in next 12 sts'. For row 6, the first chain should be 2 (not 3), and the last chain should be 4 (not 3) per Katchkan.

The other error I noted was in round 4 of the doily. I didn't make exact notes but it was not written exactly symmetrically. This row is v-stitch shells with a different number of chains between. There is a shell in the center of each narrow end; the number of chain stitches between shells should be distributed the same from either side of those center points to the straightaway, and they weren't. I followed the symmetry from the first quarter of the round, 'flipped it over' for the second quarter, and so on.

Other rows may have had errors like that but I mostly stopped reading the whole round and only used the first quarter of the round (and the photo) .

edit - I just looked at your album -zounds! beautiful work! :nworthy

That's just beautiful!!! And, yes, it does seem great for Valentine's Day or any day as far as that goes. I love how all the colors are added in. You certainly did a great job with this pattern!

Archived