Squares needed to make a comfyghan for a very sick little girl

ashnnicksmom

Hi everyone. I have a friend who's little girl is very sick. Emerson is 3 and has been in the hospital most of her young life. Her dad and brothers live in the family home in one state while she and her mom have to live basically in the hospital in another state.

I am asking for squares to make a comfyghan for them :crocheting. I am asking for 8" squares of baby soft yarn to put together one for Emerson and 12" squares to put together one for her mom. Her mom has an apartment there, but doesn't leave Emerson's side for longer than to take a shower and change clothes. Her bed for the past 1 1/2 has been a red recliner at her daughter's bedside. Any colors, any patterns are fine.

Emerson is allergic to latex, I don't know if any yarn is made of this, but if so, please don't use it, as Emerson has severe reactions to it and after having two transplant surgeries, can't afford to react to much.

If you can only make one square that is perfectly fine, I just know that both Emerson and her mom would absolutely love a 'ghan made from the Ville.

Thanks in advance and feel free to contact me for more info.

Dear Crochet Hugs from Tx, I would love to help. Let me know where I can send my squares. I am Very new to this forum and don't know much of the ins and outs. amkid

c'mon ladies why are you not responding to this need for squares???

take a look at this precious little face and PLEASE get on the stick and do a square!!!

I don't know them but I feel this is what we're called to do for others!

Somehow I missed this thread, but would love to help if you will pm my your address. I will try to get something in the mail Friday or Saturday.

I sent 2 of each size in yesterday's post. I did not remember to take photos prior to mailing, unfortunately, but I hope you will be able to use them. Emerson has such striking eyes in that photo...glad we can offer a bit of comfort to this little dolly.

WIll send you a PM for your snail mail addy. Will you be thinking of making up an comfortghan for her dad and brothers too? If so, I can make a few squares for them also.

I can work on a few tonight but can't mail them until Saturday (I don't have a car, too cold for me and my 16 month old to walk and it takes about 40 minutes to walk there and hubby works all week).

My 16 month old was in the NICU unit the first 2 weeks of his life. He was only 3 lbs, 7 oz. and they took him 5 weeks early (so he should have been over 5 pounds) mostly because his heart was working too hard and the fact that he wasn't really growing. I was lucky that it was only 2 weeks, but I still worry about him and what effects it will have on him if any (so far so good but still on the small side).

Thanks again to all who have offered to send squares for Emerson and her mom's comfyghan. :hug

I am thinking of doing one for the Dad and brothers, but wanted to get these done first. Soooo...if you are wanting to send squares for the men in her life, feel free to do so, any color or patterns. I can't wait to get all the squares in, and don't worry I will take lots of pictures of the before and after!

If you are wanting to make squares and I haven't gotten back to you with my snail mail addy, please send me a pm..for some reason I am not getting any notices that there are responses to the thread. :think At least I am getting the notices for the pm's though...

Thanks again for all your help, this is going to mean so much to Emerson and to her mom. And thank you all for reading her posts and saying a prayer for them! You guys are the best! :manyheart

WIll send you a PM for your snail mail addy. Will you be thinking of making up an comfortghan for her dad and brothers too? If so, I can make a few squares for them also.

I can work on a few tonight but can't mail them until Saturday (I don't have a car, too cold for me and my 16 month old to walk and it takes about 40 minutes to walk there and hubby works all week).

My 16 month old was in the NICU unit the first 2 weeks of his life. He was only 3 lbs, 7 oz. and they took him 5 weeks early (so he should have been over 5 pounds) mostly because his heart was working too hard and the fact that he wasn't really growing. I was lucky that it was only 2 weeks, but I still worry about him and what effects it will have on him if any (so far so good but still on the small side).

Terri,

Don't feel the need to rush. I completely understand and when they get here they get here! Don't be out in the cold!! Especially not with a little one. I do hope he's doing well, give him love from us! It's snowing here, has been all day and is expected to continue tomorrow..then back in the 40s and in the 60s by mid week! Stay safe and I can't wait to see your squares!

:manyheart I recieved your PM! Thanks for sending your love!! My son (Connor) is doing great so far--don't know if there will be any long term effects. So far--he is doing great, just still on the small side. Like the one doctor said--he probably won't catch up until around 2 years old.

Will definitely send 1 of each size your way. If I get some time today, I will make another set today.

Have a great day!!:hook

Glad to hear Connor is doing well! I'll continue to pray for him and I'm sure he'll grow to be a wonderful young man! And it happens all to fast! :eek

I'm so excited!! I received my first box of squares!! I can't wait to start putting them all together! Even my boys are super excited and my little one (Nicky who's 9) can't wait to lay them out and decide what goes where!

Thank you guys a million times over for all the squares and the love that goes into each one! :hug:manyheart

After these comfortghans are done, I'll be happy to help with squares for dad and brother. Just let me know via PM or post a thread here so I know when you're working on the others. I'm up to my eyeballs with projects right now.

Also, I wanted you to know that four squares (two 12" and two 8") were mailed to you today. Please let me know when they are received. Thanks!

Nicole, I will let you know soon as they get here. And will let you know if I decide to do one for the brothers and dad...

Marie, don't rush, when you get a chance it's fine. And I'll let you know when they get here too!!

To everyone helping-- Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've received some squares and I can tell this is going to be a wonderful gift to Emerson and her mom!

Count me in! I just ran across this today. Does Emerson have any favorite colors yet? I was thinking purple, pink and white would make a nice square but let me know if she prefers other colors. How about Mom, any favorite colors for her? I have lots of Simply Soft yarn, but it isn't "baby" yarn, hopefully that will be ok. We have 14" of snow on the ground so I don't think I'll be getting to the craft store anytime soon, LOL :D.

Update: I have two squares done for Mom's afghan :) I hope to be able to get out in the snow to the craft store tomorrow and get some baby yarn.

Archived