January Shawl - Garnets on Ice - Ready To Go!

Love it, where do you find the chenille yarn?

Thank you, Dottie! I usually buy my chenille on large cones. There are a couple of vendors on Ebay that have great deals on the large cones of chenille, and I buy from them when I need it. I also bought a HUGE lot of chenille a couple of years ago that had 120 skeins in it, I can remember now if it was 12 skeins of 10 different colors or 10 skeins of 12 different colors :lol, but they are large skeins and it takes 3 of them to make a shawl, so I've been working off that lot as well. If you would like links to the Ebay vendors, PM me and I will send them to you. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went through and found the post for you/her, its here

sandy

Sandy, thank you SO much for finding that! I was exhausted wen I came home from work and just crashed and slept until noon today! I looked at Crochetville VERY briefly when I got home, responded to a couple of posts, and was so tired that I literally fell asleep in front of the computer screen. DH found me an hour or so later and put me in bed and I woke up this morning and couldn't figure out how I got there! :lol

Welllllllll--no one's received the gorgeous shawl yet!! This is so much fun, the ANTICIPATION, everyone holding their breath, thinking, "is it me", is it me"!! :lol :lol :lurk guess I'll check back tomorrow!!

I found a shawl pattern that I just LOVE - one side slips through a hole on the other side. I believe it is a red heart pattern. I downloaded it and saved it for when I'm good enough at crochet to make it!

I thought for sure it would be at its new home by today. The man at the post office told me that it would be possibly Thursday, DEFINITELY by Friday, but I had myself convinced that it was going to be Thursday. <sigh> Oh well. I guess Friday it will be. Only 24 more hours to wait. I LOVE seeing the reaction of the person who gets it! I think I get as excited about it arriving at its new home as everyone who is waiting to see where it's going! :lol

:clap:clap:yay:yay:hug:hug I can't believe that I got the SHAWL!!! It is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I am still in shock and tears!!My kids came running in with a package and looked at the box couldnt believe it!! Color is amazing!! Love it love it!Many hugs and thank you so very much Elle!

post-19941-135897500019_thumb.jpg

post-19941-135897500024_thumb.jpg

Can't say enough or even how much I am truly am blessed by this..Been missing my mom her death anniversary and feeling so sadden by the passing of my neighbor who was like another mom to me this month so much.Both of them would have loved this very much.

Thank you again!welcome comfort Elle!

Sheila, I am SO glad you like it! Every time you posted about how difficult it was to have to wait to see who got it I was giggling my buns off over here knowing it was you that was getting it! :lol I hope it brings you much coziness and comfort. Enjoy it! :hug

Archived