January Shawl - Garnets on Ice - Ready To Go!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. The shawl is packed up and ready to go! It's going to go out on Monday morning because my brain vapor locked and I forgot to write to Aunt Bubbels and ask her for the address that I needed! I got up Saturday morning and said to DH "I need you to get to the post office before noon today to get the shawl out. Don't forget, it's Saturday and they close at noon. It's all boxed up and ready."

DH stood up and looked at the box and said "Don't you care where this one goes?" I asked him what he meant and he said "Umm... ADDRESS?"

I KNEW I had forgotten to do something! I swear, we've been so busy, most of the time I'm lucky to remember to get dressed before I leave the house! :lol So I dropped a quick PM to Aunt Bubbels and went to work. By the time I got home from work to read the PM the post office had been closed for three hours.

But Monday morning, Garnets On Ice will be winging (or perhaps rolling?) its way WEST this time! OK, LadySorce, that's it for the hints! :devil

Wow that is a gorgeous shawl. Ummmmm do they ever wing their way across the pond (I hear myself wondering)? I can live in hope LOL

Hope you don't mind me asking but which pattern do you use?

Wow that is a gorgeous shawl. Ummmmm do they ever wing their way across the pond (I hear myself wondering)? I can live in hope LOL

Hope you don't mind me asking but which pattern do you use?

Thank you! I started sending the monthly shawls out last September, and as yet, none have made their way across the pond. There is nothing that says one CAN'T swim its way across the ocean, so be on the lookout, because from month to month, you'll never know where it's going to go! :hook

As far as the pattern goes, it's my own. It's posted in one of the threads from the December shawl. In December I gave away four shawls, though, so there is more than one thread you'll have to find and look through for it. If you can't find it, let me know and I will just email it to you. :)

Thank you! I started sending the monthly shawls out last September, and as yet, none have made their way across the pond. There is nothing that says one CAN'T swim its way across the ocean, so be on the lookout, because from month to month, you'll never know where it's going to go! :hook

As far as the pattern goes, it's my own. It's posted in one of the threads from the December shawl. In December I gave away four shawls, though, so there is more than one thread you'll have to find and look through for it. If you can't find it, let me know and I will just email it to you. :)

I went through and found the post for you/her, its here

sandy

:rofl:ty for the laugh, Elle. But I promise I won't laugh too hard as I have done the same thing.:yes Okay, it wasn't exactly the same thing but close. One year back in the 70's I was in a hurry to mail a birthday card to my mother. I wanted to put it in the mail before I left for work so I hurried up and addressed the envelope and put the card in. Then sealed the envelope and put a stamp on it and put it out in my mail box. A couple of days later my mother called me to thank me for the card but told me to sign it the next time I sent one. I am not sure if I put a return address on it but she knew which of her three daughters sent it because of the figures pictured in it. I'm the daughter who likes the Precious Moments type characters, the big eyed characters, or something similar to Hollie Hobbie. I don't remember which ones were on the card exactly but she knew from the type which daughter to call.

This is one of the reasons I love Crochetville. We all have our little goof ups but we love each other anyway. :ghug :ghug

Now I'm trying to guess who lives west of Texas. Oh, the fun begins.

You are very welcome even though it is only the truth :hug

Ooh thanks Elle I shall keep my fingers crossed, unfortunately I can't stalk our postman as I'm always at work when he calls :(

Archived