Planet Blanket Project

planet blanket

So yesterday I chose a charity to help during this project, which is EveryChild. When I asked readers about what type of charity to aid, the majority suggested children charities that deal with abuse and neglect. I chose EveryChild as it deals with these issues, plus others, throughout the world, which was another criteria for me to find. Here are some quotes from the EveryChild website, to create a better understanding of where donations are used:

For over 25 years, and in over 15 countries around the world, EveryChild has been fighting to protect children without the care of a family, and those at risk of ending up on their own. By working with families, communities and governments, we ensure that the simple and practical initiatives we put in place to reach and protect vulnerable children will last long into the future.

Millions of children around the world have to cope not just with growing up in poverty, but growing up alone, separated from their families.

Orphaned by AIDS, abandoned into institutional care, escaping violence, trafficked into a life of prostitution or forced into child labour – these children are at their most vulnerable. Most at risk of ending up on the streets, in danger of abuse and exploitation.

EveryChild keeps children safe when they are alone and vulnerable, either within their community, or through crisis care and support. We protect children at risk by keeping families together. And we get children back into the care and security of a family environment, wherever we can.

I hope every reader appreciates my decision with this charity, and also hope that we can help these children to make better lives for them. I have added a sponsorship button on the right hand side of the page, which takes you to Just Giving, the website which is helping with the donations. Donations can be made and tracked there. Due to WordPress technicalities I cant seem to add the status box from Just Giving, which allows the donations etc to be viewed directly on the website, but I will work on that… For now I will update the donation status with posts.

Thankyou in advance for any donations, and I hope you feel, like I do, that this is a worthy cause.

Jenn x

That's sounds like a wonderful charity! Thank you so much for doing this. To think that all of our small efforts could make a big effort in the lives of children around the world. Though you do have a big effort - in having to put all those squares together!:eek

That's sounds like a wonderful charity! Thank you so much for doing this. To think that all of our small efforts could make a big effort in the lives of children around the world. Though you do have a big effort - in having to put all those squares together!:eek

I just hope we can all make a slight difference in some childrens lives :) and yes now I have a box of squares to tackle :P I am starting the sewing together as I type this...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reminder to look. Seems like you are going strong! I love the pink squares from the breast cancer survivor - gives me an idea for a future project!

Archived