Planet Blanket Project

planet blanket

Planet Blanket is dedicated to creating a crochet blanket, made using the ‘granny square’ design brief. I am calling for contributors to this project from all over the world, to crochet their own signature granny squares, and post them my way, to eventually be sewn together along with many others, to produce one almighty blanket!

The hope for this project is to unite people from around the world, interested in contributing to this (hopefully) huge blanket. I hope every contributor adds their own creative flair to their square(s), making the whole blanket interesting to view.

I have come here not just to ask the forum if they would wish to contribute to the project, but also to meet like minded people, and find inspiring ideas and techniques.

I really hope you like the idea! Any questions please write on here or check out the website :)

Jenn x

I could contribute - I actually have three orphan squares right now. They are made from a baby weight yarn, though. Interested? What do you think will happen with the blanket once you have finished it?

I could contribute - I actually have three orphan squares right now. They are made from a baby weight yarn, though. Interested? What do you think will happen with the blanket once you have finished it?

That would be great :) any are appreciated! Im hoping that the blanket can be exhibited, and then when all is said and done, it can be split and either given or sold for charity! If you are still interested please contact me on here or on the website for my address.

Please PM me with your address. I would love to contribute to this project! Please keep a thread going here with your progress, so we can all weigh in with our 2 cents! good luck! peace, meg in L.A.

Hi i have just PMd you :)

Got the address -- it's kind of exciting to be sending to another continent -- makes it feel more like a true "planet" blanket!

I know your first post said each person was invited to create a "signature square," but do you really not have any preferences about size?

Got the address -- it's kind of exciting to be sending to another continent -- makes it feel more like a true "planet" blanket!

I know your first post said each person was invited to create a "signature square," but do you really not have any preferences about size?

All the information is on the 'brief' page of the website:

Planet Blanket

I have asked for squares 5" or 10" etc (multiples of 5s) squared, so they all fit together. Other than that go mad with colour, additions, style etc, that is completely up to you!

Let me know when you send your work so I can wait by the door for it to come :)

Jenn -- Thanks for the info on where to look on the website. I've checked it out and now understand clearly what you are looking for in size, etc. I'm finishing up a sweater right now, but I'm always looking for little take-along projects, so the grannies will be one of them!

I cant wait to see the squares I get too! Alot seem to be coming from outside the UK, so they are all taking their time getting to me, but when they do I will definitely do a dance of joy :) and then of course post pictures!

I saw them! I'm so excited! Even though I live in Randolph, I work in Kent so I thought it was apropo that squares from Kent, OH to go to Rochester, Kent UK (and I used to live in Rochester NY)!

I saw them! I'm so excited! Even though I live in Randolph, I work in Kent so I thought it was apropo that squares from Kent, OH to go to Rochester, Kent UK (and I used to live in Rochester NY)!

Its quite bizarre how names transfer over to the US. They are so soft :) I am going to start sewing all the squares together soon!

All I have left is to put my labels on the backs of my 4 squares and they will be out in the mail to you! I'm hoping this week!!!

Thanks for letting me be a part of this!!!:hug

:heart

:mug

Archived