Hello from Planet Blanket

planet blanket

Hello! My name is Jenn, from Kent in the Uk, and I found your lovely forum while looking for people who might be interested in my project.

It is called Planet Blanket

Planet Blanket is dedicated to creating a crochet blanket, made using the ‘granny square’ design brief. I am calling for contributors to this project from all over the world, to crochet their own signature granny squares, and post them my way, to eventually be sewn together along with many others, to produce one almighty blanket!

The hope for this project is to unite people from around the world, interested in contributing to this (hopefully) huge blanket. I hope every contributor adds their own creative flair to their square(s), making the whole blanket interesting to view.

For more information please click the link to the website. I will also create a thread elsewhere on this forum when I work out where everything is allocated!

I hope to find interesting people and inspiration on this forum :) thankyou!

Jenn x

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi Jenn, Sounds like a great idea... ill have a think about which one to do for you.. what size would you like... i just do different size granny squares so if you could let me know the size in cm's ill let you know when im done so i can post it on.

x jude

Hi Jude

Thanks! The brief on the website will tell you the sizes. For reference on here, the sizes are roughly 12cm (5 inches) square, which should be about 5 rounds. You can also make squares with 10 rounds if you want, which would be a size of roughly 24 cm (9.5 inches). The style, colours etc are up to you, it is all on the website :)

Jenn x

Hello and Welcome to the 'Ville:) Just looked at your blog and looks great! Sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm from Lexington, Nebraska. We are in southcentral Nebraska.

KathyWho

Hello and Welcome to the 'Ville:) Just looked at your blog and looks great! Sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm from Lexington, Nebraska. We are in southcentral Nebraska.

KathyWho

Thankyou very much! I really hope you would like to contribute to the project :) I havent found anyone from Nebraska as of yet!

Jenn x

Greetings! What will you do with the finished blanket?

Hello!

well the project is only just beginning this week, but once it gets going a bit more i hope to get sponsorship to help a charity (yet to be decided) and if the project REALLY takes off i hope to submit the idea to the Guinness World Records... its all early days yet, maybe get the blanket shown in galleries etc :)

:welcome Hello from Virginia! I think your project sounds awesome. I'm going to check out your website later on. I'll likely be making you a square, though it will have to wait a couple of weeks so I can finish an afghan I'm currently working on. I'm sure the information is on your site, but just incase it isn't, are there any particular yarns you do or don't want used?

Archived