"Radiance" doily

Momcrochets

MIL asked me a while back, if I would make her a pair of doilies. Long story is that a couple years ago, I gave her an ecru doily for Christmas. She actually liked it :yay and asked for a second. I found that pattern back (the first one I had made a "long" time earlier) and bought some more thread and went to it. but they didn't match, so they didn't both go very well in her living room.

So it was time for a pair of doilies for her living room; these other two finding new homes (the cream one is in her kitchen bay window I believe). Based on her description of what she would like, I went through my stack of crochet mags and found a few patterns she might like. She went through them and selected this one. (from an "Old Time Crochet" mag) The original had 2 colors in it, but it was very easy to eliminate the color changes to make it all ecru. (And I think it looks better this way, anyway).

anywho, here's the doily :)

post-7396-135897497749_thumb.jpg

ETA: Granny Square noted that this pattern is also available at freepatterns.com Thank you GrannySquare!

I found the pattern on Free Patterns and I must say that I would not have considered this one had I not seen your finished doily. Yours is 100 times nicer than the one that is pictured. You have an "eye" to see how you can make the pattern your own.

Great job!

I found the pattern on Free Patterns and I must say that I would not have considered this one had I not seen your finished doily. Yours is 100 times nicer than the one that is pictured. You have an "eye" to see how you can make the pattern your own.

Great job!

Thank you!

Honestly, I would never have picked it out myself. It just happened to be in my pile of mags, and fit two requirements of my MIL...the size and not too pointy. :D. She made the final choice, and of course the ecru was to match her living room decor...It does look very nice in one color.( IMHO, this is one doily that didn't benefit from the color changes it came with :lol )

Archived