2nd one syndrome

CLLinda

I have a syndrome. It's when I make something that requires 2 of them being made (sleeves, socks, mittens). I'll make one, without any difficulties and then by the time I start the next one, I just can't do it.

I have seen a lady in my knitting group make two sleeves at the same time on the same needle. She would have the two seperate pieces, along with two balls of yarn, on the same needle.

Does this seem to be the easiest way to get over my syndrome?

Does anyone else have this difficulty?

:manyheart

I do this! Just ask the mitten I have lying around here. :blush What's worse is that by the time I do finish it, my gauge will have changed and they'll be two different sizes. Your friend in the knitting group is probably using the magic loop two at a time technique. I've tried magic loop and we didn't like each other. Guess I'll stick with my DPNs.

That's a lovely pair of mittens! I bookmarked it. ;)

For me, I tend to (almost) finish up the first one. Then I don't touch the final few rows on the first one. I wait until next time I have some free time to knit. That way, it will give me the push to start second one RIGHT AFTER I bind off the first one. (It doesn't help me with the thumb gussets, though.)

I save the weaving ends until the end. If I weaved the ends on the first one, I wouldn't move onto another one.

Another way, I switch forth and back between them per few rows or inches on two pairs of needles or DPNs. The rule is I have to finish both sections before I have to stop for the day. Or I will lost track of what I am doing on each one.

I didn't try the two socks on one long circular needle. I should try it sometimes.

Archived