Budgie!

Starling

That's actually brilliant. I love it. My grandma had a budgie for ages, but she doesn't any more. I thought when I saw this "I'd love to make one for her"... then realised how backwards the situation is that it's the young lad crocheting gifts for the grandmother. :P

Seriously though, great work. :)

He's freakin' ADORABLE!!!! WHERE did you get the pattern? He looks REAL!! You did an excellent job of putting in all the little markings around his neck and the blue cheek pieces and all! EXCELLENT job!! :clap:clap:clap

Awwww, so darling. It looks just like the budgie I used to have....LOVE it! Wow, if you could share where the pattern is from, I'd love to make one for my daughter, who lost her budgie a few years ago. It would be a sweet rememberance.

Thank you for the lovely compliments! Yes, the pattern is available from Crochetroo's shop on Etsy. I designed my own colouring as I really wanted a yeallow mask on the face (like my budgie's) and the pattern used one colour for the head. The tail (although you can't see it here) has 3 colours, one of them a nice turqoise.... like my budgie's tail was! :)

Thank you for the lovely compliments! Yes, the pattern is available from Crochetroo's shop on Etsy. I designed my own colouring as I really wanted a yeallow mask on the face (like my budgie's) and the pattern used one colour for the head. The tail (although you can't see it here) has 3 colours, one of them a nice turqoise.... like my budgie's tail was! :)

Yay! I already HAVE this pattern!! I'm going to have to make me a couple of budgies soon! You certainly nailed the coloring, I'll say that! It looked like a real bird at first glance! :yes

Archived