2 inch granny square

Minathia

Question

I'm designing a blanket for my hubby, and it's going to be 29 by 19 squares. I think that a 2 inch square would be perfect, because that would give me 4'10" by 3'2". I haven't ever made a full blanket before, and I need a good simple pattern for the granny squares. Each one will be a solid color.

I don't want to give away the full design until I'm done :) I promise it will be great though.

Do you think 2" is a good size? And better yet do you know where I can find such a pattern?

8 answers to this question

Have you ever made a granny square afghan before? Are you sure you really want to put together that many tiny squares? If that's what you really want, you can use any traditional granny pattern and work until you get a 2" square, probably only two rounds if you use worsted weight yarn.

And also, think about all those yarn ends to weave in!

Jean Leinhauser

yes doing alot of little granny squares have lots of little ends. Be prepared for sewing them in.

any basic granny will work. I can get a 2 inch square from using a 5mm hook and worst weighted yarn. You only need 2 rounds.

Thanks for all the help! Yes I'm sure it needs to be that small. The pattern is going to show a picture at the end of it all, with each square being a specific color - kind of a paint by numbers sort of thing. I might go up to 2.5 inches and have a larger blanket. I'll go make some test squares now. :)

Thanks for all the help! Yes I'm sure it needs to be that small. The pattern is going to show a picture at the end of it all, with each square being a specific color - kind of a paint by numbers sort of thing. I might go up to 2.5 inches and have a larger blanket. I'll go make some test squares now. :)

have you been over to this thread........

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43064

this might be the place to get help.. and chat about the blanket you're wanting to make!

:heart

:mug

sounds like fun, I have a friend who does that with fabric....what is your picture if you don't mind my asking:blush

Archived