rebel flag

Atrella3crochet

about 2 years ago i was asked by a friend to make a afghan for the troops, after thinking about it for awhile i decided to crochet an American flag :cheer.... well a good friend of mine saw it and he wanted me to crochet him a confederate flag :hook... i told him "well buy the yarn" (thinking that he never would) well a week later he showed up bags of :yarn and all.... :eek i put it off for quite some time b/c the last thing i wanted to do was start another project with red white and blue. so i had the yarn for close to a year b/f ever beginning. every time he came over he would ask about the blanket :blush well a few months ago his birthday was closing in so i got busy :crocheting... this took me about 4months to complete and it fits squarely on my king sized bed. there were lots of ends to weave!! but he loved it and is very happy with it! :):hug and i am very happy to be done with it.... my hubby says the "stars" look like flowers :( but i didn't have a pattern so i did the best i could :yes the stars were actually made separately then sewn on.

post-28052-135897496423_thumb.jpg

Beautiful - isnt it nice to have someone admire your work so much they rush out and buy the yarn so you can make them a ghan! I'm sure he is delighted with such a wonderful afghan.

My husband would LOVE this afghan, but.... his YANKEE wife (me) is not going to make one for him. Great job!!!!! You do lovely work - thanks for sharing!!!

Awesome afghan!!! You know, if you could bear to look at more red, white and blue you could very likely sell some of these (even placemat size ones!) at Civil War re-enactments and history seminars!!!! I know they would sell at ours! I suppose if you really wanted to you could make some yankee flags too.... :shrug

Awesome afghan!!! You know, if you could bear to look at more red, white and blue you could very likely sell some of these (even placemat size ones!) at Civil War re-enactments and history seminars!!!! I know they would sell at ours! I suppose if you really wanted to you could make some yankee flags too.... :shrug

i've been told i should sell stuff b/f... i just don't think that the price would be worth all the work! as of course all of YOU on here know how much time goes into handcrafting plus price of yarn ect.... but thanks for thinking someone would pay money for it! :manyheart

My husband would LOVE this afghan, but.... his YANKEE wife (me) is not going to make one for him. Great job!!!!! You do lovely work - thanks for sharing!!!

i'm southern, but w/ an odd humor. since the yankees won the war, and a yankee won his heart, could do a yankee flag for him instead. lol. might not make him overly happy, other than was made by his loving wife. but, maybe (if he has a sense of humor/willing to find the funny side) become a family joke

sandy

Sandy - you have a GREAT sense of humor!!!!! I laughed so hard and loud when I read the above post!!!!!! Thanks for the great idea. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived