Hat with cables! First thing I have EVER made for myself!

jekkalynn

Hello everyone!

I had some leftover RHSS in Turqua from the afghan I made for my SIL for Christmas. I was soo in love with this color that I decided to use it to make something for myself. I've never made anything for myself so I decided it was about time. So I went searching for inspiration and I found this pattern on Ravelry. http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns&id=5

I had never crocheted cables before, but I've always wanted to try. I decided since I was already doing something I'd never done, I might as well challenge myself with a technique I'd never tried. It turned out wonderfully!:yay I love it and I'm really proud of myself for trying a new technique! Thanks for looking!

post-31444-135897496349_thumb.jpg

post-31444-135897496352_thumb.jpg

Your hat came up beautifully, and congrats on learning a new skill :)

I love this design, it always looks good whatever yarn you use and I think the pattern is one of the nicest cable designs around.

Hello Ladies! And thank you all so much! Several of you have expressed intrest in trying cables and I want to tell you to do it! It really is a lot of fun! And while cables are by no means a beginner project, if you've never done cables before this pattern is a great place to start. It includes step-by-step directions (with corresponding pics) on exactly how to work both types of cables that are in the pattern. Please, don't let yourself chicken out! TRY TRY TRY new things! It's so exciting when you can add a new technique to your skill set!:cheer YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :cheer

• 7 months later...

Wow! I'm sure this post was buried deep in the forum. I'm glad someone found it and that everyone is enjoying it again! Those who have said they're going to try it, please do! It was a great pattern and I enjoyed it very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Your hat is beautiful! You did an awesome job. :clap I also have never made anything for myself. I keep saying I am going to, but never do. And I have never done cables either. ( too chicken, no confidence) But now you have inspired me, sooo maybe I'll give it a try. Thank you for posting the link.

I love the hat and the colour... totally wow.

If you check in your paint (type) program under the [image] pop-down menu you will find the way to rotate your pics. I generally rotate 90` clockwise and I think that would work for yours as well.

Archived