Button Up Book Cover with bookmark

TurtleLvr

Thanks for sharing. I'm wondering if book standards vary from continent to continent though.

/Tina from Sweden

Hmmm...I don't know. I did put the size in the pattern so you could measure to make sure. I know hardcover books just here in the US vary in sizes. That's the good thing about yarn, it stretches if the book is a bit bigger. Plus its a simple pattern that can easily be adjusted.

:turtle:vheart

Hmmm...I don't know. I did put the size in the pattern so you could measure to make sure. I know hardcover books just here in the US vary in sizes. That's the good thing about yarn, it stretches if the book is a bit bigger. Plus its a simple pattern that can easily be adjusted.

Seems there are no rules to book sizes. Thanks again for the pattern :clap

If your book is bigger, how do I adjust it to fit?

If you need it bigger/smaller height wise (top of book to bottom)add/subtract from the beginning chain. For every inch bigger add 4 chains, for every inch smaller subtract 4 chains.

If you need it bigger/smaller width wise (left to right) add or subtract Rows. 4 rows = 1 inch.

Now, this gauge is for RHSS with an I hook. I hope that helps!

HI R3n331 I hear ya i want to make more one for paper back books and different sizes hard cover books too...

I tested this for Sue and it worked out nicely and i had a book to measure by...

lots of fun to make

hugs

• 1 month later...

I finally finished mine today. :blush Took me long enough, eh?... I have my book "Three Cups of Tea" inside. I barely had enough yarn left to do the bookmark, so I just did a ch 45 or 48 ?, then 6 sc in the 2nd chain from the end, then sl st'd back all the way up. :hook Thanks again for this cool pattern, Sue. :hug

post-20-135897512003_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897512008_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I am hoping someone can please explain to me what "First 12 rows are worked in Rnds (rounds)" mean? I just don't understand that or how to interpret Rnd 1 instructions.

Thank you so much for the help.

Kathy

Boy, I missed some posts on this one. Great job Tina!

I am hoping someone can please explain to me what "First 12 rows are worked in Rnds (rounds)" mean? I just don't understand that or how to interpret Rnd 1 instructions.

Thank you so much for the help.

Kathy

I hope my e-mails helped you out!

Boy, I missed some posts on this one. Great job Tina!

I hope my e-mails helped you out!

Hi Sue -

Yes, the emails helped a bunch and I found the thread on how to adjust for the size of the book. I am going to work on it right now. Thank you again. :cheer

Kathy

:cheer Oh, I like this idea! My imagination is running away with me right now....I'm imagining doing the inside part in a matching fabric (with an edgerydoo tool) so that the inside part isn't as thick as the outer....

I love the built-in bookmark! :clap

I've got so many things going on!! :lol I don't know if I'll do this soon, but I can definitely see it in my future! Thank you for sharing! :hug

:cheer Oh, I like this idea! My imagination is running away with me right now....I'm imagining doing the inside part in a matching fabric (with an edgerydoo tool) so that the inside part isn't as thick as the outer....

I love the built-in bookmark! :clap

I've got so many things going on!! :lol I don't know if I'll do this soon, but I can definitely see it in my future! Thank you for sharing! :hug

OOOOOOO! I can't wait to see that! I'm sweet talking dh into letting me get an Edgery Doo!!!

I convinced dh to let me get one! :cheer

http://www.edgerydoo.com/

I wanted an "edgerydoo" soooo bad, so one Christmas DH tells me to order it and it would be a Christmas present from him. Would you believe that's been about 3 yrs. ago AND I have never used it!! :blush :blush :blush I don't know why?? :think :think

Archived