Attach felt with hot glue or tacky glue?

LadyTwilyte

Question

10 answers to this question

:think:eekI would not use either.

Look for some fabric glue or double sided hemming tape or anything more suitable for textiles. eg: what they use for holding fabric applique before stitching around the edges.

Just be careful not to damage your work if using the iron, use a pressing cloth.

Is there any way you could stitch them on?

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

:think:eekI would not use either.

Look for some fabric glue or double sided hemming tape or anything more suitable for textiles. eg: what they use for holding fabric applique before stitching around the edges.

Just be careful not to damage your work if using the iron, use a pressing cloth.

Is there any way you could stitch them on?

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I could sew them on but I'd like to take the easy peasy, time saving way of gluing it and letting it dry.

All i know is the white runny craft glue doesn't work! I tried it recently as glue was recommended for an amigurumi pattern and that's all I had, but the felt didn't stick. I'd be interested to know which glue is best.

I've used both. I've never had a problem using a low heat gun on acrylic on. The only problem I've had with tacky glue is that when it gets wet it turns white so if there's any over the edges you'll see it when wet.

I've seen it NOT recommended to use sewing thread on crochet - that eventually it cuts into the yarn. I haven't done this so I can't speak from personal experience.

I've used both.

I've seen it NOT recommended to use sewing thread on crochet - that eventually it cuts into the yarn. I haven't done this so I can't speak from personal experience.

Interesting. I've heard that as in 'don't use sewing thread to seam up something' for that reason, which makes sense as it would be structural and be under stress (shoulder seams, afghan squares getting yanked around).

If it were a decoration (as I think the original poster a couple of years ago was asking about) I'd surmise that the risk of thread slicing would be less. I also have to say, like Colleen, I'm not a glue person, I'd sew it on.

Archived