Get Caught Crocheting!

Where's the most unique place you've crocheted or seen someone crocheting?

I spent a good portion of Saturday evening working on granny squares at the bowling alley while my husband bowled for his league night.

I've also crocheted while in the waiting room at my doctors office.

Even though I didn't get around to it, I had a hook and some cotton yarn in my bag at the hospital when my son was born. I was a bit too occupied, but I had tossed it in the bag months before thinking that if the labor was slow I may as well give it a try! Riiiiight! :rofl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love to crochet in the car, doesn't matter if hubby or I are driving - there is alway a hook nearby! It drives hubby crazy coz I can't go down the road without a hook and yarn. I will even do it at the stop light that I know will be long (when I am driving). I get some of the funniest looks. One time a passenger in a passing car hung his head out the window to see what I was doing. You get used to being stared at when you crochet. Everyone is interested.

I've only started taking my crochet with me recently, like in the past few months. I crochet on the bus going from one base to the other, dr. waiting room, take my bag with me when we go to friend's houses for movies.... who knows where it'll end up lol. Drives hubby up a wall sometimes I think, but he's come to accept it as part of me lol right along with my cluttered desk, not putting things away consistently and all my other eccentricities *g*

I do it everywhere too! It drives my hubby nuts! He'll say can't you put that down for 5 minutes!

I'm sure he was thrilled last nite when we were sitting at the table with his parents, sister and her hubby, when I went and got the wrap I ws working on for the school auction. But he did go get a game to play and left me out of it, so I guess he couldn't say much!:loco

I take it while I wait for my daughtr to get out of school, dr appts, oil change(:P ) , lunch with my kids... I'm such a terrible mother.

But tonite my FIL did keep saying what a beautiful hat my daughter was wearing!:spina

Lanette:w-flake

I try to take something everywhere with me, you never know when you will end up waiting for long enough to crochet!

I even crocheted while getting teeth pulled!

I've been known to take yarn and hooks with me pretty much anywhere.... There is always something in my car. I'll even take it in to stores with me so if I am standing in line I can crochet. Movie theaters, doctors offices, friends homes, road trips, watching tv. I'll crochet anytime anyplace!

• 1 month later...

I used to crochet on airplanes. Flying makes me a little bit nervous. I haven't tried since 9/11 in case the hook would be confiscated as a deadly weapon. :<> Then I'd be left with a handful of yard to twiddle for 2 hours.

I ought to do what you gals do and take my crochet with me everywhere. I bet I would get a LOT more done that way!!

While waiting for my niece to be born, I crocheted and then taught my cousin how to crochet (in the waiting room) as well. It was a long labour!! :hyper

I may try it on the bus next time as it's 45 minutes to get into the city but I worry bout my motion sickness (like I can't read in cars).:U

Bec:cg

When I was younger I took it everywhere.

In laws, fishing (I don't fish but the ex did), camping, doctor's, Ob/gyn, other appointments I had and knew I'd be waiting such as WIC, long drives.

I even took it to the movies a few years ago and I'm sure I'll do it again this year when we go see Star Wars since the wait is usually pretty long.

• 3 weeks later...

I take my crocheting to work. I crochet on the way to work, and on the way back home (thanks to the local transit system). I crochet in front of the computer/tv at home. I crochet at my parents house. I've even crocheted at church one Sunday after the service.

Crocheted Monkey:P

Last night I crocheted through my husband's band concert. (He is a high school band director). I got some funny looks, but I got alot of work done!

Amber:cat

LOL add me to the car crochet band wagon. I have gotten to the point that I can do it and drive in bad traffic :eek , you know drive 2 feet stop for 1 minute, drive 2 feet I am sure the truck drivers love me, but I have a 100 mile round trip drive to work.

I bring my crochet with everytime I have to take Zach to Children's Memorial in Chicago. When the grandfather's are there, other people's, they always say, My mom used to do that too!

I bring it pretty much everywhere!

• 2 weeks later...

I crochet in my doctor's office sometimes and I have been seen crocheting in line for a movie, as well in the theater while waiting for it to start. :)

I have also crocheted at work.

When I crochet in public, people always come up to me and ask me what I am making and then proceed to tell me about what they are doing, or that they used to crochet with their aunt or grandmother. They get this far-off look and smile as they remember the good times they had. It's pretty neat.

I crochet in the car while my daughter takes guitar lessons. I have had people stare at me when they park next to me, cause my hands are a going and they can't really see what I am doing. It is comical to see people rubbernecking to see. I usually bring a small project like a dishcloth or something so I can actually get it done in the 1/2 hour I have. I have to bring my crochet when I know I'll be sitting. I feel "Lazy" if I don't.:hook

Lisa

Always at the doctor's office. But I've been known to crochet sitting on the beach and on our boat! After a day of each, you definately have to wash whatever it was you were working on. I also always carry a tote bag where ever I go, you never know when a drawbridge will raise and/or get stuck in the upright position. :knit

I am relatively new to Crocheting (3 months now) but during this time I have hit the range of places - various waiting areas, the bus/metro/tram to work (its an adventure every day), 4 :plane airplane rides - I have been using a G hook and usually store it with my pens in my purse - my thought reasoning is that I could do more damage with a pen or sharpened pencil than my hook! I have also done Cross-Stitch on the plane! I've had tons of positive comments from the flight staff (including the pilot) on my work and no one has said anything on it yet - nor has security stopped me in the check for it!

The one place that takes the cake - Disney World!

I'm a nut, I know :blush - but what else is there to do when you are in line for up to an hour at a time? I brought enough yarn to finish several small squares for the darn afghan I am working on - it helps though that I have a purse that holds everything and the kitchen sink with enough room leftover for a washmachine for felting! :D

Cheers!

Saturday I crocheted while standing in line at the bank. It was a pretty short line, but I got a few rounds done! Then the teller asked me what I was "knitting," LOL.

I worked on my coming home poncho while waiting for a table at Cracker Barrel. Almost fell over when someone actually asked what I was crocheting instead of what was I knitting. :eek

I try to crochet everywhere,but...everyone looks at me like I'm rude to crochet while they're talking.. Oh well

That's happened to me, too. I'm getting to where I just ignore the looks. If I'm not crocheting, I'm probably paying less attention 'cause I'm thinking about crocheting and not what the person is saying! :lol

Sara

I don't crochet in public often (Houston doesn't seem ready for it just yet :think ) but once the manager of the apartment I lived in downtown (The Rice, in case anyone is familiar with Houston) wouldn't come and change the battery in my smoke detector. I lost two nights of sleep listening to that thing beep every 2 minutes. They kept saying it was too high up and they didn't have a ladder that tall. (Duh, like I would have one that tall? Sheesh). Anywho, I staged a crochet-in in their main office. I took a big bag of crochet stuff and spread it all out right where they received their potential new residents and crocheted away. I told them I wouldn't leave until the battery was changed! LOL I even took a cooler with lunch in it. But alas, they were able to find a ladder and change the battery within a half hour. Magic!:tryme

I told them I wouldn't leave until the battery was changed! LOL I even took a cooler with lunch in it. But alas, they were able to find a ladder and change the battery within a half hour. Magic!:tryme

:rofl

I'll keep that in mind next time I have to stage a sit-in... That's great!

Archived