Collecting yo-yo's

teakaycee

pattern: ch4 - 15dc in 4th chain from hook (16dc)

This is a 12" square made with 16 yo-yos

post-18634-135897536927_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I get your address? When I get down to that size scrap I normally just throw them out because I don't have the patience to sew in all the tails! :)

I'll be happy to make you yo-yos and send them your way!

I didn't realize they were 2 different things. So you actually don't make a circle to start with it's just the 16 stitches forms it? Interesting, you learn new things every day. Thanks for info, I'll make myself and note and see what I can do.

Ok, this is the 3rd time I've tried to submit an answer and keep getting a weird error message my answer needs to be longer than one character??? I've now got 2 paragraphs, what's up with that?

Tried to hit reply with the quote where you listed the difference; but it wouldn't work, so am now trying as a post on it's own?

Can I get your address? When I get down to that size scrap I normally just throw them out because I don't have the patience to sew in all the tails! :)

I'll be happy to make you yo-yos and send them your way!

Thank you!!! will PM you shortly!

PM me your address and I'll send you some when I send out squares next paycheck =-]

Thanks so much... will PM you here in a sec.

I didn't realize they were 2 different things. So you actually don't make a circle to start with it's just the 16 stitches forms it? Interesting, you learn new things every day. Thanks for info, I'll make myself and note and see what I can do.

Ok, this is the 3rd time I've tried to submit an answer and keep getting a weird error message my answer needs to be longer than one character??? I've now got 2 paragraphs, what's up with that?

Tried to hit reply with the quote where you listed the difference; but it wouldn't work, so am now trying as a post on it's own?

:hook... learn somethin' new every day!

LOL... looks like the board needs more :mug

Just started some about 10 mins or so ago and I got 5 at the moment. This is super fast. I'll send em out not next friday as in tomorrow but the one after that I should have a bunch by then. & I'm sending some squares that day anyways. =-]

Just started some about 10 mins or so ago and I got 5 at the moment. This is super fast. I'll send em out not next friday as in tomorrow but the one after that I should have a bunch by then. & I'm sending some squares that day anyways. =-]

Thanks sweetie.... sounds great!

If you are still collecting Yo-Yo's, I will be able to send some. I am trying to use up a lot of my stash both yarn and thread. So this would be great to do while watching TV.

Hi Tam,

Can you use some saltines (2.5" square)? I missed my deadline in another drive, so I have a lot done.

Can you use baby colors? A lot of the saltines I have made are in those colors.

I will be glad to also make some yo-yos from my multitude of scraps - please pm me your address.

Hi Tam,

Can you use some saltines (2.5" square)? I missed my deadline in another drive, so I have a lot done.

Can you use baby colors? A lot of the saltines I have made are in those colors.

I will be glad to also make some yo-yos from my multitude of scraps - please pm me your address.

You betcha........ I'll talk saltines if you have them to give away!

Any color is GREAT!

I know you said ww yarn is okay, but are you okay with Simply Soft? I know they classify it as ww but as we all know it works up quite differently! I have balls and skeins of SS that I don't particularly like, and a lot of people don't want SS squares, so I would gladly make you some yo yos! (I had to read through the thread to figure out what the yo yos actually looked like lol)

I would enjoy helping you with your yo-yo's. I will start making them tonight.

I was wondering a couple of things...

do you want the ends weaved in or not?

also, I have a few 4 inch granny squares in pastel colors, could you use those as well?

I look forward to hearing from you.

• 2 months later...
Good Morning! I sure hope you're still collecting the yo-yos....I have an large envelope almost full!

yepperoo.............still collecting them! :hook

Thanks sweetie :hug

can i pretty please have your address?

im destashing (making squares and other things but those lil "bunnies" (i call em that) are gonna start multiplying if i dont do something with them.....

ill gladly make you a scud of yo yo's

fair warning i have a plastic bin full of yarn im using up..........

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Tammy,

Just wanted to let you know I finally got my package of yo-yos to the post office yesterday. Hope they arrive safe and sound.

Have fun!

Thank you so much!!! :hug

I got busy last week after I mailed your envelope and forgot to notify you that I mailed an envelope full of yo-yo's. I may even have forgotten to put my name on them so I'm hoping you received them this week. They were stuffed in zip lock baggies. Those are beautiful squares you're making with them.

• 2 months later...

Archived