Collecting yo-yo's

teakaycee

I am so sorry that I haven't had a chance to make any yet! I have been so busy working on my afghan that I'm making in every spare moment that I haven't made any yo-yo's. Is there a specific date that you need these by?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Count me in! I'll get to work on some today!

Thank you :hug

Just joined forum today. Will start some today. Have lots of little balls of yarn and this will help use them in a good way.

Bless your heart! Thank you!

Tam mine are in the mail bo waiting on the mail man.... So they prolly won't be picked up till about 6 tonight.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! :hug

I am so sorry that I haven't had a chance to make any yet! I have been so busy working on my afghan that I'm making in every spare moment that I haven't made any yo-yo's. Is there a specific date that you need these by?

Oh hon......... no worries.... you've got all year :hook

Tend to your needs first. I just want to make afghans with these throughout the year for gifts and/or charity needs! :hug

:heart

:mug

:blush I don't have a lot of stash yarn but even I have enough small scraps left over to make some of these for you. I get so much out of your blog and you do so much for others that it is the least I can do. I will make some as I finish this baby rr I am doing and I have baggies with lots of small leftovers that will make yo yos.:hook

:blush I don't have a lot of stash yarn but even I have enough small scraps left over to make some of these for you. I get so much out of your blog and you do so much for others that it is the least I can do. I will make some as I finish this baby rr I am doing and I have baggies with lots of small leftovers that will make yo yos.:hook

I also have a few squares I made in warm brown with soft white edging out of a book with 63 squares but I don't need them. Do you want them? i think they are like 9 in or something.

Bless your heart!

you are such a sweetheart! Thank you for wanting to help with the yo-yo's!!!

I would love the extra squares you have! I can certainly make them into an afghan for the rehab center or nursing home!!! :hug Thank you so much!!! :hug

:crocheting:crocheting

Thank you :hug

Bless your heart! Thank you!

I have 30 made now. I am aiming for 100 or more:yarn. Can you tell me where to send them?:crocheting

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! :hug

Oh hon......... no worries.... you've got all year :hook

Tend to your needs first. I just want to make afghans with these throughout the year for gifts and/or charity needs! :hug

Dorothy................:eek OMGoodness!

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for all those yo-yo's

Please pass my thanks to your daughter Thank you also if she doesnt see this! I couldnt believe the envy packed full of yo-yo's when I opened it.... 140.........good grief!

These will be GREAT for my afghans!:hug:manyheart:hug

Thank you!!!!

Dorothy................:eek OMGoodness!

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for all those yo-yo's

Please pass my thanks to your daughter Thank you also if she doesnt see this! I couldnt believe the envy packed full of yo-yo's when I opened it.... 140.........good grief!

These will be GREAT for my afghans!:hug:manyheart:hug

Thank you!!!!

I am glad that you got they yoyo's! I will tell Tay that you said thank you.:hug

Playing with some of the lovely yo-yo's that have been coming in.....

[ATTACH]15735[/ATTACH]

Thank you all so much!!!

I've got 100 made and will continue until you feel safe to tell me where to send them. I realize that you don't know me and could feel reluctant to give out your address. GREAT DESIGN USING YOYOS.

Cool!! I like the way that came out with all the different colors. You did a great job!

Thank you for the compliment!!!

I've got 100 made and will continue until you feel safe to tell me where to send them. I realize that you don't know me and could feel reluctant to give out your address. GREAT DESIGN USING YOYOS.

sent you a PM hon.

My goodness.... 100 yo-yo's? WOW!

Thank you so much!!!

Hey there.. sent another envelope to you.

Thanks for posting the pic - I was trying to imagine what these yo-yo's would look like once assembled.

Have a great weekend.

Aloha- Kim

OMGoodness.............. Thank you!!! :hug

I'm going to work with some more yo-yo's this weekend!

I havent been able to this week because I was busy helping my 9yr old with a school project. :U

I have about 200 in an envelope and will send them this afternoon. Hope they will work for you. Will save more as I finish other projects.:clap

:eek OMGosh................. :hug.... thank you :hug

you are an angel!!!

As soon as I'm done with hubby's Valentine gift... I can get back to work on some more yo-yo squares!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
teakaycee - are you still needing yo-yo's?

yepperoo............ :hook

I make them when I'm bored but I hate putting them together lol

Send me your address and I'll pop some in the mail to you :)

Laura

Thanks so much... I'll PM you shortly!!!! :hug

• 2 months later...

Not 12? I've never made a granny that started with so many, is that unusual or is that specific to what you're doing? I've always made my first round 4 groups of 3 in a ring.

Thanks for clarification

I know there are others that are collecting yo-yo's for charity... but if there is anyone that could spare to send some my way also... that would be GREAT. I want to make some comfort/lap 'ghans for charity around my area.

Thanks so much for any help I may get! :hug

Update:

size hook I use in an -I-

size of my yo-yo's 1.5 inches (give or take)

pattern: ch4 - 15dc in 4th chain from hook (16dc)

Not 12? I've never made a granny that started with so many, is that unusual or is that specific to what you're doing? I've always made my first round 4 groups of 3 in a ring.

Thanks for clarification

what you are making are called granny daughters.

what I'm looking for are yo-yo's... they are just a circle of 16dc

and that is my little crochet lesson for the day.... LOL :hook

A few of the charities I'm giving to are for elderly.

Golden Living Center...Nebraska Masonic Home.....Waterford at WoodBridge.... and Madonna Rehab Center

For children with Nephrotic Syndrome... I collect Round Ripples :manyheart

Archived