suncountry

mixed media blanket

hello everybody and Happy New Year.

I finally finished this piece. The 14 year old it's for wanted angels and unicorns. I decided to make some fabric blocks with embroideries and edged them with granny square stitch. I then made granny squares for the rest of the blanket. I single crocheted all the sqares together, then edged with 2 rows of granny and 1 purple row of shells.

What do you all think? I am wondering if it will make it through a wash. I'm holding it back till next week, because i think its missing a little something.

post-32856-135897493436_thumb.jpg

post-32856-13589749344_thumb.jpg

That is very creative! I like that a lot.... you'll have to let us know how it works in the wash.

As for missing something... ribbon bows or corner embellishment? I dunno - maybe its just missing a 14 year old girl enjoying it ;)

Wow! It looks gorgeous!

It doesn't look like it's missing anything... maybe you're being too critical...?

It's beautiful just as it is! Great job!

Very creative!!

I think it looks great! I don't think it's missing anything. If you hemmed the edges of the fabric (unless it's fleece, which doesn't unravel) it will be just fine.

Very pretty.

My husband says it takes two people to create a work of art. One to do it, one to tell them when to stop.

I think it is perfect just the way it is.

I think it is beautiful too. If you wanted to do a little something more, how about adding a bit more edging to it in the different colors.

Oh wow!!!

my oldest granddaughter would love that blanket!

VERY NICE!!!

:heart

:mug

Your idea was so creative, and I think this will satisfy the 14 year old in question :-).

I must agree with carovan's suggestion about the edging, maybe think about adding some more to the boarder, perhaps 2 or 3 rounds in the dark purple you used to join the squares? A daker colour may help to define the ahghan a bit more.

Beautiful blanket - very different