mixed media blanket

suncountry

hello everybody and Happy New Year.

I finally finished this piece. The 14 year old it's for wanted angels and unicorns. I decided to make some fabric blocks with embroideries and edged them with granny square stitch. I then made granny squares for the rest of the blanket. I single crocheted all the sqares together, then edged with 2 rows of granny and 1 purple row of shells.

What do you all think? I am wondering if it will make it through a wash. I'm holding it back till next week, because i think its missing a little something.

post-32856-135897493436_thumb.jpg

post-32856-13589749344_thumb.jpg

That is very creative! I like that a lot.... you'll have to let us know how it works in the wash.

As for missing something... ribbon bows or corner embellishment? I dunno - maybe its just missing a 14 year old girl enjoying it ;)

Your idea was so creative, and I think this will satisfy the 14 year old in question :-).

I must agree with carovan's suggestion about the edging, maybe think about adding some more to the boarder, perhaps 2 or 3 rounds in the dark purple you used to join the squares? A daker colour may help to define the ahghan a bit more.

Archived