Dr. Quinn type shawls?

grandmalolly

Question

I recently caught a Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on GMC, and have been watching it pretty much every day since! I noticed that a lot of the shawls on that show were crocheted, and they are so pretty! I have googled and clicked until my fingers cramped, and searched every obscure link I could find, to no avail, so I am hoping someone here, may have some ideas....does anyone watch that show, and know where I might find patterns? I went through CPC, and didn't see what I was looking for........help?

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found THIS free pattern and I think it's the one I'm going to go with. Now to decide what to make it out of?

I tried twice to make this pattern and just couldn't do it. I think it's gorgeous, but the pattern is terrible. It doesn't always match up with the the row before and it doesn't tell you at all where to place the stitches. If you're really experienced with charts you can probably figure it out, but I'm not. I just couldn't do it.

:cheerI never watched the show but stumbled upon this thread and WOW! I love those shawls! It took me about 2 hours to find this info; have to hurry and give it to you, my kitties are scratching down my door because I don't know it's time to feed them-lol!

The shawls were designed and made by Barry Klein-owner of Trendsetter Yarns! I found that out by stumbling onto this article:http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:H_hdLs90lTcJ:www.sdknitters.com/Newsletters1997/0297.pdf+barry+klein+dr+quinn+shawl&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShUSBT0Z3FNMGmiNYxOO50qt5pHPvfkb5ZNhzF8ZiTJEj1bSs5ce56U0NoHSU_MiyavqKYkOqTkz66juvJnfmO-865dF-8o6JwbuCfi6BQxGeVOqsg7vuHN5SfjIFjdI1LQUz7T&sig=AHIEtbTG8shjiLnjRhZUFljIDwVuBDHFtQ (copy and paste!!)

After that, I was stupid enough to begin searching for shawls for the Dr Quinn Show designed by Barry Klein! Then, about an hour ago it hit me; everyone alive is on Facebook! DUH!!

So, everyone who is searching for the Dr Quinn shawls, look Barry Klein up on facebook and let him know that we are all searching for those wonderful patterns!!

I've already put my 2 cents worth in to him... I hope there's a way we can get copies of the patterns.

Now, those kitties are going to call the cat-police if I don't go feed them. I will stay in touch.

:yay

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum, and this is one of the first things I went looking for, was some old victorian shawls. I can't believe I found a thread about Dr. Quinn, as I'm a very big fan of the show AND crocheting, and I, too, have noticed these beautiful shawls worn by many of the characters and am wanting to make some of these!

You all are spot on, these are some gorgeous patterns that you simply just can't find no matter how much searching you do,

Catmama, which Barry Klein is that? when I did a search, I was lost in so many different people, I didn't know who he'd be, but I'll definitely leave something to him once I find him if it helps us getting some patterns!

It's also really hard to find DQ screencaps online or else I'd definitely post more pictures of the different shawls I've seen, but the only way I know to get them is to play the episodes on my computer and take pics.

Either way, I SURE hope we find them, because now that's all I can think about!

Archived