Everyone needs a...doll CAL!

Lilly Flower

Umm, I'm not sure, probably in the doll making section, if they have one. :)

I know in our store, they were in the same isle as wood making stuff, and doll wigs..........

Would a size D hook be a good sub. for the 9 for the eye whites?? Or is the D too big??

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your doll turned out lovely, crocheter4Jesus! It is just precious! I definatly love her name too!

I'm slowly working on clothes for my doll. I'm using thread for the clothes so it's taking a bit longer. I'll try to get pics uploaded to my computer soon! I'm very bad with that stuff.

Cara's hair is lovely :-)

What yarn did you use?

I've just finished another mini free spirit for another of my daughters school friends who has a birthday this coming weekend. But i made it with cream yarn and added a safety nose and some ears and made it a puppy doll instead of a human. Its pretty cute but currently unclothed!

I'll post a pic when i find my camera :-)

Does anyone know how to make the doll into a boy? LOL, I know that sounds weird, but they are the perfect size for four little dogs I made for 3 of my siblings, but my two little brothers, don't want GIRL dolls, so............:)

i should think that just making the hair short (either a wig cap made of fun fur or maybe embroidered like at http://owly.wordpress.com/2007/08/27/amigurumi-hair-tutorial/ )

and using more boyish clothes would work. The t-shirt and bloomers could be used as shorts and tshirt if you left off the edging on the bloomers. or you could make them longer for trousers.

If you use the eyewhites, I'd skip them for a boy doll. Wouldn't add eyelashes either. And I agree with what LoobyLu says about the clothes and hair.

Working on under wear for my doll. I've been busy doing other things like scarves and bags, so I am working on the doll on the side. I also am in the process of getting white and brown pipecleaners so they don't show through the yarn (I only have green ones right now!)

Archived