Why do I feel so shy??

Miss Crochet

I know this is stupid, but I feel really, really, really shy about starting a blog. I have no problem speaking in public, to groups of hundreds, even, but the thoughts of writing a blog has just made my toes curl in embarrassment. I honestly don't know why.

Anyway, it just so happened that a few people have asked me to start a blog, for various reasons including the fact that so many family and friends live in other countries, and now I've had to pluck up the courage and do it.. So with many apologies for my awkwardness and not-very-original layout, I present:

my blog :blush

Eeeee!!

I just read your first two posts and I have added your blog to my favorites. I am looking forward to reading more. I have never shoveled snow in my whole life, I would get in heaps of trouble if it was mandatory! Please don't be shy and continue your blog. :cheer

i started my own blog today too... and i am like you.. i can chat here like crazy.. talk to people..(not public speaking thou) but i thought why not... it's a way to tell ppl aboutmy family and hobbies.. I'm adding yours as well to my list :)

Olivia, I love your blog and have added myself as a follower. I love the stories you tell and the songs you make up here at the ville and I just know your blog will be entertaining and interesting.

it is fantastic so far. I love reading about others, and the way you write, if you ever write a book let me know for it would surely be a best seller and a great read...I just dont have much to say to make one myself .

You're doing a great job with your blog. Me on the other hand, often find myself fumbling for words. I will be following your blog. Keep up the good work.

Thank you all very much! Now I feel shyer (?) because people are reading it :eek

Haha!

Tonya, one of the main reasons why I didn't start a blog before this is because my life is also really, really, really boring. Really! But then I stumbled across other people's blogs and discovered how interesting it was (for me) to read about someone's everyday mundane life in such exotic places as... Yorkshire! Missouri! Upstate New York! And then I realised that my boring, mundane, everyday life here in a small city in Bavaria might be interesting to someone somewhere else - not least my poor mother, who's always asking me what I'm up to. And I always reply, "Oh, nothing!" because at that moment I think I have nothing much to report :( (my poor mother!)

True, I guess my facebook page then would be my blog. I had quite the response to my journey on a dreary day in the winter months of Michigan(yesterday) into a brand spanking new LYS yep, I was the first customer on the first day of opening. It was like spring had sprung in my eyes.

I think your blog is great!! I'm still new to mine too, I started just a few months ago. I became a follower of yours, feel free to check mine out and follow me :) the link is in my signature!!

I loved reading what you've blogged about so far! Yours is the very first blog I've ever signed up to follow! :) So, no pressure or anything....but you better keep it GOOD! LOL (just teasing!)

Your blog is awesome! Please don't be shy - blogging is a great pleasure when you start enjoying the taste you're likely to never stop! :)

I'm following your blog too and will look forward for the updates!

True, I guess my facebook page then would be my blog. I had quite the response to my journey on a dreary day in the winter months of Michigan(yesterday) into a brand spanking new LYS yep, I was the first customer on the first day of opening. It was like spring had sprung in my eyes.

Oh Boy and new LYS...I am in Michigan where is the store? :cheer

• 3 weeks later...

But Miss Crochet, you were my direct inspiration to start a blog. My sister had been after me for a while to either join Facebook or start a blog. And since I refuse to join Facebook, I took the lesser of the two evils. I thought, "Gee, if Miss Crochet feels silly doing this, than I shouldn't let my feeling silly stop me. She's brave, I'll follow her lead!"

I'm a follower, too, by the way. Mr. Gingerbread and the Tea Incident was very funny. And my life is way more boring than yours. Suburban spinster. With cats. Need I say more?

Hey, maybe that's what I should have named it!

Patty

And I only started a blog because you told me to, Patty! :lol

I still feel like a bit of a numpty but I do love to look at the live feed register and see where all the readers are coming from (whispers: someone from Boulder, Colorado is reading my blog as we speak! Ssssh!)

I haven't figured out how to activate the live feed register, which is just as well, as it would be overwhelming in its silence, no doubt. :lol But I admit I am enjoying writing non-technical things, which is what I do for a large part of my job. And bugging my sisters, I'm enjoying bugging my sisters online. :P

Patty

Archived