Little purse

Sonny321

I made this little purse out of some Spinnerin Sabrina yarn I had leftover from another project. ( clickable )

th_e3f4f3e8.jpg

I used a g hook and double strands of yarn and just made a rectangle in the crumpled griddle stitch and folded it sideways, leaving a little for the flap , and sewed up the sides. I edged the flap leaving a little chain to catch the button and added a little carrying strap.

Very simple. It's big enough to carry my Drivers license, check card, insurance card, lip balm and checkbook and monthly thing, all the basics and none of the junk.

That is a cute purse. is the yarn a very thin yarn? That is the one you made the top isn't it?

sondra

Yes it's the same yarn as the top.

It's slightly thinner than some sport weight baby yarn I have. It has a real tight twist to it and it's a 2 ply yarn. It looks more like a thick thread so I don't know how to classify it. I love the stuff though. It adds nice stitch definition, has just a hint of shine and it's slightly stretchy with a single strand but nice and firm doubled. It's discontinued though and ebay is about the only place I've found it. I'm currently bidding on some in a gorgeous red to make into a sweater. About my only complaint and it's a minor one, is that it's not as soft as I'd prefer. It's adequate after a wash and dry though.

Archived