Any one from Alabama here?

Little Mama

I'm right up here in the Huntsville/Madison/Monrovia area. What part of Alabama are you from? Where in Alabama are you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For everyone who's here in the Madison/Monrovia/Harvest/Huntsville area with me, we have a crafter's group that meets at my church every Wednesday. We meet during the day from 11:30 until somewhere between 1:30 and 2:30, then again from 6:00 to 7:00 while our kids are involved in kids/youth activities.

We're a United Methodist church, but the craft group is open to everyone in the community, regardless of what faith you may or may not be. The church is in the Harvest area. If you're interested in location details, just send me a PM.

Everybody brings their own projects to work on, but we also stress making projects for charity whenever people want to: prayer shawls, comfortghans, babyghans, hats for premies and cancer patients, etc.

For everyone who's here in the Madison/Monrovia/Harvest/Huntsville area with me, we have a crafter's group that meets at my church every Wednesday. We meet during the day from 11:30 until somewhere between 1:30 and 2:30, then again from 6:00 to 7:00 while our kids are involved in kids/youth activities.

We're a United Methodist church, but the craft group is open to everyone in the community, regardless of what faith you may or may not be. The church is in the Harvest area. If you're interested in location details, just send me a PM.

Everybody brings their own projects to work on, but we also stress making projects for charity whenever people want to: prayer shawls, comfortghans, babyghans, hats for premies and cancer patients, etc.

My inlaws live in Harvest so I will have to join y'all when I come up to visit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have a sewing group that meets about once a month(usually the 1st Saturday) - in NE Huntsville. We work on projects all day - from about 9am to 8pm :) Usually someone is doing some sort of hand work though. Month before last one of us brought needlepoint. Last month she was working on beading. She actually did bring her sewing machine last month though and made something for her son :)

If you are in the Huntsville area and want a full day away - or part of a day, let me know!

I am not now in Alabama. We've lived in Texas for many years, but I grew up there with a Bessemer mailing address. So I'm just popping in to wave at you 'Bama girls! I do still go back several times a year to see my father and my husband's mother.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, hello all you fellow/sister Alabamians!! :cheer:cheer Just stumbled into this part of the site, curious to see how many from Alabama were here. I live in a little town ( and I do mean witty bitty :D) about 2 hours north of Mobile.

Hey Michelle, I'm not too far from you in West Mobile. Do you get down this way often? I am also not far from a Hobby Lobby.

:wavingSapphire! No I don't get to go to Mobile very much. Mostly I go north there's a JoANn's and then 1 and 1/2 hr. away there is a Hobby Lobby. So good to know someone from "home" is here with me, though!!! Don't you just love this site?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I am in alabama Chelsea. my name is Katherine. Nice to meet everyone

I live right outside of Birmingham, close to Trussville!

I'm in Georgia as of now but hope to move back home sometime this year. My hometown is Alabaster...not far from you two ladies and very close to Chelsea...My home is on County Rd 11.

Archived