Hi from Central Pennsylvania

erinnanh33

Hi Nancy, and welcome. I have only been crocheting for about a year, but it has been a great year. The ability to make and give gifts to all the people I love is a wonderful thing. Buying for such a group at Christmas was just not possible, $$$ or lack thereof is a problem. God with his infinite wisdom didn’t see the need for me to have money. I don’t go without, every day for over 60 years; I have been given everything I need. A glance at my girth would prove the veracity of my plenty. People in many other parts of the world would think they were rich beyond measure if they lived as I do. Wow, I didn’t set out to explain my theology, only to say welcome and to tell you I did my first thread work as a gift for a friend. The item required 12 repetitions’ of the same design. No problem, I thought I could whip those out in an afternoon. I learned how wrong I could be. Crochet skill wise, the pieces were nothing difficult, what I didn’t count on was the fact that after a round or two my 60 year-old eyes would just refuse to focus. The so-called golden years is bunk.

John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

Archived