Lady talking about crochet at Taco Bell LOL

Ro

Sounds like a funny topic, but the story she told was heartbreaking! She was talking really loud and the tables are close together anyway so I couldn't help but hear.

Apparently she made three afghans as gifts for, I don't know, grandchildren or for gifts or something. She used 30 skeins of yarn to make them, and of course we all know how much work goes into an afghan, let alone three! Well, apparently, she must've sent them over to the family in bags, because the boys took them out with the trash! :faint She was saying how sad it was not only to lose all that yarn but the love and work she'd put into them. I was so sad for for her!

On our way out, (she was at a table full of friendly looking ladies) I clattered past and said to her "It's nice to hear people talking about crochet!" and she lit up and said "Oh, do you?" and I said "I do my best!" She and all the ladies at the table smiled, and my husband laughed. It's like being part of a tribe or something LOL. Needlecrafters of the world, unite and take overrrrrrr (wasn't that a Morrissey song back in the 80's? :wink )

Anyway, that's my big exciting crochet story for today lol

hugs

Ro

A similar story on a smaller scale. When I sent my sister's Christmas box to her I had included several things. I had crocheted her a mohair scarf and wrapped it in tissue. It was used as protection under a breakable item in the box and apparently her husband thought it was just packing and threw it away! She had never commented on it and so finally I asked, "What'd you think about the scarf?" At first she insisted I had forgotten to put it in the box. After my entire family vouched for me that it was indeed in there, it was a day too late, their trash had already been picked up.

I did send her another scarf with a note, "The first two are free."

Susan Rae

Ouch to the lady at Taco Bell and to Susan Rae! :hug

Needlecrafters of the world, unite and take overrrrrrr (wasn't that a Morrissey song back in the 80's? :wink )

Every time I think of Morrissey I hear "Girlfriend in a Coma" over and over and over and over and over and over again. Really really BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD date in the 80's. :U:D!

Archived