Cat's First Christmas Stockings and Octopus Rattle Toy

trailrprkprincs

We found a box of kitties Labor Day weekend and wound up keeping 3 so they needed stockings, just like my 3 kids! I'm at a beginner skill level and started my kid's stockings last year but finally completed them this year (posted a pic in holiday S&T) so I decided to make a few for my new kitties. I also found a pattern for a toy octopus. I modified the pattern by using a plastic ball filled with jingles bells instead of fiberfill. I wanted it to jingle, but really it's more of a rattle! (plastic ball was the kind that holds the toys from the quarter machine - with the plastic lids that pop off) The kitties loved their stockings and all the toys inside. What a joy that abandoned box of kittens has brought our family!

Here's the octopus pattern:

http://crochetme.com/patterns/little-octopus

post-34496-135897490861_thumb.jpg

post-34496-135897490865_thumb.jpg

post-34496-135897490868_thumb.jpg

God Bless You for taking in those abandoned babies! It looks like it was their lucky day when you found them! They're beautiful, they're happy, and they're spoiled beyond all reason by you and your family! :lol

I love the things you've made them! Great work! :yes

• 1 year later...

Wow! I can't believe how long ago I posted this! I was offline for a very long time, then when I got back on I never left Rav. I came back here today for advice on vintage hooks and decided to look up my old posts. The cat toy in this picture is somewhere in my living room now, repurposed as a dog toy. Man that thing can take a beating! It is so nice to read about my first projects here, I'm so glad I posted. It's almost like a short crochet diary. Anyway, I just wanted to thanks again to everybody who helps all the newbies like I was, and hey....if you need a really good pet toy, I recommend that octopus!!

PS still have those cats, Im still so happy I found them.

Awe your kitties look so happy with their stocking and toys...

Already you are a great mommy...

God bless you for taking in the kitties... and giving them a happy healthy home....

Your stockings are lovely...

Grat job on them too

hugs

Lillibet

• 3 months later...

Archived