Annies Attic Mystery Series Book Club

luckybmr

In the February issue of Crochet World there is an advertisment and mail in post card for a new Annies Attic Mystery Series Book Club. First book is called "The Lady In The Attic" and the books are created especially for crafters.

Did anyone see this? Has anyone already subscribed and received the first book? What is it like?

I am interested in subscribing, but would like a little more information first and there is nothing in the new issue of the Annies Attic Catalog, their website or Crochet World's website....or at least I can't find any other information on it.

Hi Briana:

I wont be getting the feb crochet world issue subsription ran out. So please if you find out anything else about that series book club from annies attic please post here i'd love to subcribe to it....

thanks

hugs

I saw an ad for it. But didn't know anything else.

I just called the number. Signing up for the series will begin in the middle of this month or in February. She wasn't sure if they would have a website to register or not. I'm not sure what would happen if there's a card in the magazine and someone all ready signed up.

If anyone else finds out anything, please let us know.

Debbi

I found the ad in Crochet World. The first book is $6.99 (plus postage & processing). Then (unless you cancel), they will send you a mystery novel every 4 - 6 weeks for $13.99 (plus shipping and handling). So it's a book club. They do have a no obligation to buy guarantee. FYI.

If you can't do through the site (I don't have a credit card), they sent this to me:

--------

The books are only available through our club but if you are interested in joining, we can manually sign you up so that an invoice will be sent with each shipment. You can then use a check or money order to pay. If you would like us to set this up for you, please provide us with your mailing address.

If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Customer_Service@AnniesMysteries.com

-----

I'm also going to try for the first 2 books or so. I like mysteries.

In the February issue of Crochet World there is an advertisment and mail in post card for a new Annies Attic Mystery Series Book Club. First book is called "The Lady In The Attic" and the books are created especially for crafters.

Did anyone see this? Has anyone already subscribed and received the first book? What is it like?

I am interested in subscribing, but would like a little more information first and there is nothing in the new issue of the Annies Attic Catalog, their website or Crochet World's website....or at least I can't find any other information on it.

Received ad in the mail for this.It contained booklet with the first 2 chapters. Widow in Texas at loose ends inherits grandmothers house in Maine where she spent summers as a child. Has needlework string as she discovers cross stitch portrait in the attic. Has me hooked (no Pun). Offer says you can cancel at any time with no minimum number of books to buy.

I got that in the mail to.

I think I will like to read it.

Received ad in the mail for this.It contained booklet with the first 2 chapters. Widow in Texas at loose ends inherits grandmothers house in Maine where she spent summers as a child. Has needlework string as she discovers cross stitch portrait in the attic. Has me hooked (no Pun). Offer says you can cancel at any time with no minimum number of books to buy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info everyone! I hope I get the sample of the book in the mail - I do buy from Annies Attic, so maybe they will send it. Still thinking about subscribing, but as others have said the price is a little high after the first book. This might just have to wait until I am employed again.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where I heard about the book club but I joined. I got the first book Lady in the Attic right before I took a trip to RI and got caught in a snowstorm. It is a fasinating, fast read and I will continue with the book club. The book is enjoyable and do not take a lot of concentration to keep up with the story. Great when commuting and relaxing. Give it a try

• 2 weeks later...

I am reading lady in the attic. Its a good story. Its a little to tame for me. I'm 56 and it seems like its for women who don't require much excitement in their life. My life is kinda boring so I like the stuff I read to be action packed in some way. The excitement in the book is over something I wouldn't get excited about in real life. So the book is a little bland. I don't think the book is worth the price. But somebody else my like it. Linda

Hard bound. I just received mine. They have a paper cover over the hardbound. I guess that's why they're more expensive then just paperback. So they'll last.

I think these books are more for just escapism then anything else. Probably not much action or excitment since it is more of a "cozy" type mystery, which doesn't include blood, etc., and some "cozy" msyteries don't even have dead bodies, they're just a mystery of some sort.

Anyway, I just started it, but haven't got far enough to determine if I like it or not. I'll read some more and then post.

Debbi

• 7 months later...

Archived