C’Ville January 2010 Tote

Tampa Doll

Sniff, sniff.

:faint

I haven't spent much/any time at all on the 'ville during December--besides some family things going on, I have a new computer and have had some computer issues. I've missed the 'ville (and crocheting--since I made my Christmas doilies, I haven't had time to pick up my hooks), and I never saw this post, never saw that Mary Jo was sending a bag outside the US, never even gave it a thought because my mind has been elsewhere.

So. The postman rings the bell to let us know we have a package, and since tomorrow is my dh's birthday, he goes down to see what has come. The look of disgust (not altogether serious, don't worry) when he brought me a package was a thing to behold--how could *I* be getting something when it's supposed to be *HIS* birthday? I looked at the return address on the envelope...a Mary Jo...in FL...

Oh my goodness, surely not? That's how my mind ran. Not having been on the ville all month, I can hardly believe Mary Jo would think of me and send me a bag? But it is the beginning of a new month, and yes, I received the January Ice bag, which is more beautiful than you can believe, a pretty little doll with a thread dress, and a lovely note and card from Mary Jo. To say that I'm overwhelmed is more than an understatement. I'm absolutely humbled and delighted to be so honored.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mary Jo, from the bottom of my heart. I have always felt that your generosity in making and sending these bags each month is amazing--such a testimony of your heart and character. Being on the receiving end of it makes me tear up... :hug

I'll be in the states again this year, from April to October, and guess what I'll be using to tote around my crochet projects? Funny thing--I'm flying into Orlando, too (dh's folks live in Kissimmee). Good thing "January Ice" won't melt.

On cloud nine today....

Karen

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen - congratulations on becoming the newest bag lady - welcome to the club! I'm sure you LOVE your new tote and they really hold lots. I still get excited by mine!

Just logged on to see who got the January bag. Is it still on its travels? :think

Anyway, let's sing a little till we find out who the new bag lady is. This one is in tune to No Milk Today.

No tote today

The postie's gone away.

When will it be known

Who takes the blue tote home?

No tote today

Our nerves will start to fray

We'll just nab the FedEx man

And search the FedEx van

Why do this to us?

Do they know just what this means?

The end of all our hopes

The end of all our dreams!

Why do this to us?

We're not a patient bunch.

I'm stalking this tote thread

Instead of having lunch!

Let's hope it turns up soon. The weather has been rotten all over, so between snowstorms and holidays, it might be a bit delayed. :)

I am floored:faint that the tote got there already. I sent a package to NJ the same day and it MAY get delivered today. Go figure the Post Office:think

I am so glad you got it Karen and that you like it. Glad to see you back also.

You are always there with a helping hand and kind words.

Enjoy your bag and nice that will you be back in the States soon. Hopefully by the time you come back to Florida, it will be warmer:hotcause it is somewhat cold now.:wbrr

Again, glad you are happy and like the bag. Now I am off to see what my cotton closet has to say.

I must admit, it was fun teasing everyone with the customs form.:devil

Congrats to the winner of another lovely creation of Mary Jo's!

I haven't been on too much lately but had to peek and see who the lucky lady was...hope you wear it in good health in the New Year!:)

:applause:woo:yay:jumpyay Congratulations Karen on being the "newest" Bag Lady. Also glad you are back on the 'ville. You were missed. Anyone who has been away from the 'ville for any period of time is always missed and we are always glad when that person comes back. :ghug

Congratulations Karen. Welcome to the Bag Lady Club. Isn't it just the most incredible feeling to be standing there looking at the return address on the package and seeing its from Mary Jo? I still go look at my bag just to make sure it isn't a dream.

Archived