C’Ville January 2010 Tote

Tampa Doll

Love that color--It does remind me of January Ice. You do such a beautiful job on those bags, each one is just incredible I love peeking each month to see what you've come up with! Have a wonderful new year! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mary Jo,

You've done it again! The perfect color and name to match the season.

It's beautiful, but I have to say I think the nicest one you've ever made has a doily project in it..... and some of the yarn for my CAL afghan which starts after the 1st....... and a few leaflets of my next WIMs and in the front pocket - my new light up Clover hook. :lol

Good luck all.

Happy New Year!

Almost put in 2009 for the year of the tote. I can not believe the year is almost done and we get to try and do better this year. I figure I start out with a clean slate on January 01, 2010.

Blue seems to be the color right now. I have had this one sitting here for a while and I had to laugh when both turtlelvr and Elle used blue for the shawls and bag, and I got both.

Well this is called January Ice. Being a January baby, I remember having to have my Birthday party way after my Birthday, because of either snow:flake or ice. I remember as I got older, thinking that January and February were the worst for snow and ice storms.:2snow

The tote is made with Peaches and Cream baby blue, for the ice part and white for the snow. The pocket is white with light blue hook and lettering.

Here is wishing everyone a Very Happy:yayand Healthy :DNew Year.

May I present to you all January Ice.:wbrr

[ATTACH]14240[/ATTACH]More pictures

very lovely, reminds me of how ice has that blue tint when you look at it just right =0)

Your version of January Ice is so much nicer than the real thing we have on the ground right now. I am glad to see the bag lady tradition continues thanks to Mary Jo's kindness and generousity. She must be one of the fastest crocheters around as I am amazed at all the pretties she finishes. I am sure this January Ice will make some one very happy.

Another beautiful bag, Mary Jo. Beautiful name also. Of course like a lot of us here in the 'ville, I love the color blue. This bag reminds me of how the bare trees look when ice forms on the branches and how those branches glisten when light hits them. It's like you are looking at a diamond tree. Just beautiful. Can't wait to find out who the lucky lady is going to be.

Thank you all for the compliments on the bag. Yes, I was thingking of the ice on the trees and the snow on the ground when I was making this bag.

Actually when I looked in my closet that holds all my cotton cones, these two just screamed at me, that they need to be a bag.:lol Actually what they were yelling, were pick me, pick me.:rofl

I still have a lot of colors in my closet, so you will all just have to put up with these totes for a long while.:devil

Gorgeous-simply gorgeous-It is so perfect for January!!! And yes, I think we can all put up with some more totes for a long while!:yes

Happy New Year and Happy January Birthday and thank you for making so many people Happy!!!!

Oh, MaryJo, I just LOVE the ice blue! With the white, that's just such a classsically beautiful tote! Can't wait to see who the lucky new Bag Lady is! :clap

That's too funny about you already having the blue bag done, and TurtleLvr and me both sending blue items to you! LOL!! See what happens when someone knows what your favorite color is?

[quote name='Tampa Doll;19539507

Actually when I looked in my closet that holds all my cotton cones' date=' these two just screamed at me, that they need to be a bag.:lol Actually what they were yelling, were pick me, pick me.:rofl[/color']

.:devil

I thought I was the only one with Yarn Pschizophrenia! Nice to know I"m not alone!

Archived