Turn a pic into a graph for graphghan

Can someone plz help.:eek I"m either looking for someone who would plz Do it for me or tell me where to get a free trial to a softwear where i can actualy print the graph..

I want to start my first graphghan. Sometime in jan when i can puchase the Yarn for it.. IT's going to be a graphghan of my best friend Sarah and her husband Andrew's Engagment pic. (the pic they took after he ask her to marry him). This is one of my fav pics of them (even better then most thier wedding photos) She is very special to me, were more then bff's we actualy consider eachother sisters and our family's consider eachother family... her hubby's family even considers me part of thiers as well. I want to give this either as their wedding anv gift in september.. or Christmas.. depends how long it will take me. She lives in NY and me being in ga.. we only get to talk from time to time on the phone.. and have seen eachother once in the 3 yrs i have moved.. and it's hard for both of us. not being there physicaly for the other.. as we always had been.. her n i been thru alot together thru our highschool yrs... I was thinking this would be a great gift.. not only would it be made by me.. but it would symbolize her andher husbands marriage.

but if someone can help I can show you the pic.. I want it black and white. and as few colors as possible. As this is my first graph... I'm thinking they have a queensize bed. not sure.. I don't want to ask n give away what im doing. beacuse if i say.. Hey sarah what size bed do u have.. she knows what i'l be up to lol.. as she crochets too. just not like i do lol.. even thou im super excited and want to shout it out at the top of my lungs lol

Thanks to anyone who can help me.. I realy can't aford to buy a softwear at this time.. so if you can either make it up for me and I'll pay postage if i have to.. unless you can PDF it to me.. or point me to a free trial of a softwear i can play with and print out my graph myself..

PS,, if the pattern can have symbols to show the color changes that would be helpfull. as I am sure i'd not know how to or when to change colors any other way

Thanks.. you all are so helpfull here :)

Annie

I tryed it an it looks ok but I am looking to make it black and white. and somehow show me the colors I'd need to buy.. as i know id need black. white.. proly some off whites and greys to get it to work..

Ohhh am i biting off more then i can chew ?:think

since it is crochet you might try some of the cross stitch sites. periodically they put out new versions of graphing software for cross stitch and the old version gets attached to cross stitch magizines (future publishing does this as i have gotten one of these years ago when i actively cross stitched) most these programs are windows and i run mac now so don't have any active programs on my machine i have tried this one in a previous version and it does ok

http://www.hobbyware.com/pm_downloads_trial.htm

thanks i found a few programs but they still are not what im lookin for lol.. I got it to go blck n white.. but of course it gives me DMC flosscolors to use. I want to make it into a graphghan blanket. If i can get it printed how doi go about choosingthe correct colors for it in crochet?

This one doesn't work for me. I tried it 3 times and kept getting a message that a download wasn't selected even tho it was. :think

I got itto download.. just can't get the pic to go black n white lol.. or show symbols so i can know hen to changen to a new color... man this graph stuff is confusing.. if i were to actualy cross stich it I'd know what im doing LOL!. but I want to make it a huge blanket!

This one doesn't work for me. I tried it 3 times and kept getting a message that a download wasn't selected even tho it was. :think

sometimes if you don't have the photo in right format (gif instead of as a jpeg as an example) you may end up w/ a problem.

hope that helps.

Sandy

have you tried making it black and white in a photo program and then running it through microrevolt??

I have yet to try doing a graph ghan, yet, so i want to thank you for starting this thread and asking about how to choose the colors. these are some that i have had, just was waiting until i actually started/thought of starting one.

Sandy

have you tried making it black and white in a photo program and then running it through microrevolt??

I have yet to try doing a graph ghan, yet, so i want to thank you for starting this thread and asking about how to choose the colors. these are some that i have had, just was waiting until i actually started/thought of starting one.

Sandy

I was just going to ask you the same thing - if you had converted the picture first...

i do nnot have a program to convert the pic... or a program to make a graph... Reason i asked. I just wanted to try o make this pic into a graphghan. I'm getting furstrated tryin to figure it out.. how to by the rite yarn.. getting the pic into a graph... BLAAAAA lol...

well If anyone figures out.. plzzzz

Lemme know too ;)

i do nnot have a program to convert the pic... or a program to make a graph... Reason i asked. I just wanted to try o make this pic into a graphghan. I'm getting furstrated tryin to figure it out.. how to by the rite yarn.. getting the pic into a graph... BLAAAAA lol...

well If anyone figures out.. plzzzz

Lemme know too ;)

most computers come w/ the program "paint", and i just checked the 1 on my computer and it has an option to do "black and white". at the top of the paint program, click "image", then click "attributes". then check "black and white". I want to say that that will convert the picture for you into bw... (no promises though, because i have never tried it :) )

good luck

Sandy

I just tried to do this with one of my pics of my 3 sons when they were younger. And it didn't turn out the way I wanted.

most computers come w/ the program "paint", and i just checked the 1 on my computer and it has an option to do "black and white". at the top of the paint program, click "image", then click "attributes". then check "black and white". I want to say that that will convert the picture for you into bw... (no promises though, because i have never tried it :) )

good luck

Sandy

Archived