In January I will

fc1123

Finished 1 of the 2 scarves. This one is for my son's friend. She is a great little girl and apparently has gone this winter with no scarf. I guess she asked my son yesterday at school if his mom would make her a scarf too (his is made, of course). So, how can I say no to that? And with it hitting below zero and 5+ inches of snow, I got hers done relatively quickly. Took around 4 hours to complete - crocheted using vannah's choice yarn (rose mist, selected by my son!) and a standard puff stitch.

post-35032-1358974943_thumb.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotta join this CAL. I have so many things I want to do AND finish - hopefully this will keep me focused:lol I finished a baby scarf for my niece yesterday in pink baby clouds. Now to start one for her twin sister :cheer:cheer

My list of projects:

1. Baby scarf

2. finish Elizabeth's wool scarf

3. get started on my ripple

4. finish Sweet Pea blanket for girls (half the grannys are done)

I'm pretty certain some of these will be ongoing --- hope we plan to continue month by month:lol I'll definitely need it:yes

Finished 1 of the 2 scarves. This one is for my son's friend. She is a great little girl and apparently has gone this winter with no scarf. I guess she asked my son yesterday at school if his mom would make her a scarf too (his is made, of course). So, how can I say no to that? And with it hitting below zero and 5+ inches of snow, I got hers done relatively quickly. Took around 4 hours to complete - crocheted using vannah's choice yarn (rose mist, selected by my son!) and a standard puff stitch.

That's so pretty. And very sweet of you.

I've gotta join this CAL. I have so many things I want to do AND finish - hopefully this will keep me focused:lol I finished a baby scarf for my niece yesterday in pink baby clouds. Now to start one for her twin sister :cheer:cheer

Welcome. The more the merrier.:D

I have never finished so many projects in so few days. There is definitely a bit of motivation to finish - welcome aboard!

That is one great scarf you made and welcome to our lovely group. Gosh I've got nothing finished since online classes have started and tomorrow starts music and Tuesday is math class yikes so I'm going to try and finish for the month.

Thanks! Classes definitely put a wrench into a good crochet project. I'm still on winter break which is why I'm working so hard at getting things done now so I don't have anything looming after the 25th.

I finally sat down last night and crocheted some. This is the first time since I got home from the trip. I got 10 squares made last night and another couple more today. At least that is 12 more closer to the goal right?

Today's Update:crocheting

8 rows ripple added & 4 more snowflakes on garland.

In January List

~~~~~~~~~

*work on scrap ripple(53/115 rows +trim)

*work on scrap hexaghan(11/196 motifs+trim)

*start ripple afghan for Mom(6/90 rows+trim)

*start afghan for living room

*a few snowflakes for next christmas

*snowflake garland (15/60)

*an attic24 birdie or two

Whoo, the sensation blanket is pretty done. I have to measure the length and see if I need to add more rows. I still have two more skeins, just in case. I have it on my lap last night, it's so warm and soft! :manyheart

I will save the sensation until next month so I can focus on other projects. The wristers is 3/4 done. I didn't touch weight loss afghan or LTK squares yet. I decide to add two more projects: Stitch Sampler in thread, 2-3 rows daily and the cowl that I just started.

Tonight and tomorrow, I will catch up on the sampler, weight loss, wristers and maybe a bit on the cowl.

This weekend is for 1 LTK square and cowl as I will be out for a long weekend.

I have not been able to :crocheting any yet this week. My uncle passed away sunday morning and it has been chaos since, hopefully things will calm down after the funeral Thursday.

Condolences on your uncle's death.

I made a scarf this week for my son -- in 2 days (had to frog it the first time, cuz I didn't have enough yarn for the pattern and hook I chose). Now have a crochet related injury to my R index finger!

I frogged the whole wrister. :( I don't realize that I messed up big time on the ribbing on the wrist section. I will re-do it next week. I am bummed about it.

I decide to focus on other projects for a while. I did some work on the cowl and sampler. So I accomplished something today.

Hey ladies! I know this month is almost half over but I am joining. I have three projects to finish this month. So here is my list.

In November i will...

1. Finish first boy baby blanket (half of 1 rnd left)

2. finish second baby boy blanket (several inches left)

3. Test dog sweater pattern. (not yet started)

I frogged the cowl. The yarn is just not right for it. But I went to the local SnB for first time last night. Ladies are so nice!

I work on the warm wrister, only 15 rows total which is great progress with all the distractions at the cafe. Hehe.

I will be out of town for a long weekend, so I will bring one LTK square with me. The rest have to wait. :lol

It's a bit late, but I'll try! :) In January I will:

1. finish designing my turtle pattern

2. post pics of my recent finished projects

3. practice for Crochet Games

4. finish my Free Spirit Doll

I'll be back to update on how I did....:D

no it's not too late I'm still working on my projects for the month haven't got too much done not since school has started this past week and last week I had online class work to do.

I finished the first baby blanket last night!! :cheer:yay I started the dog sweater and will be working on that more today. I got to tired and started making really dumb mistakes on it last night. :yes

In November i will...

1. Finish first boy baby blanket (half of 1 rnd left)

2. finish second baby boy blanket (several inches left)

3. Test dog sweater pattern. (started)

Archived