Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

:blushAww, thanks Colleen! The picture's not great, but it was really fun to make!

I bought some forest green to make one back around Christmas time when you made yours and have since used it for another project :blush:lol I even bought bows. Maybe that will be my March project. We'll see.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
March is suppose to be listed in post #2???

I don't see it, just Jan and Feb are there.

So, what's the March song?

Read the paragraph. It's not listed on its own line yet, but it is in the first paragraph of post #2. I didn't see it at first, either.

March is suppose to be listed in post #2???

I don't see it, just Jan and Feb are there.

So, what's the March song?

Sorry Ana, as Beth said it was in the paragraph. I have added it to the list. Sometimes I need things pointed out to me to realize that not everyone is in my head :lol

OK...I have found that there are a few different lyrics for "O Christmas Tree", probably having to do with the translation from German I'm sure. The 2 versions I printed have the line "much pleasure thou cans't give me" and "much pleasure doth thou bring me" soooo... I'm going to make a sweater for myself that my grandmother recently bought me the yarn for. I'm sure it will bring me "much pleasure" in both the making and wearing! :devil

Pattern : http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=3830

Braxxi~ I'm sure that will bring you much pleasure. I have had my eye on that for awhile. It looks very cozy. What color did you choose?

I'm actually using the Bernat Softee Chunky instead of the Bernat Chunky. I figured up the yardage it called for and then figured out how much I needed in the smaller skeins. I'm using Regal Twists, which is a blue/pinkish-purple/tan twist.

It's working up pretty quickly and I love the way it looks. :D I just hope it fits me after I'm done with it. :( LOL.

Braxxi - Your sweater sounds very nice! Enjoy thoust pleasure immensely! I love Bernat Softee Chunkee. Much pleasure it doth give me :yes That is interesting about the two versions. No wonder I didn't recognize the lyrics when I read them :lol

Nicole - Good luck with your flannelghans. We will be cheering you on :cheer:cheer:cheer You'll have to share pics with us. What colours are you using? Did you see Michael Buble at the Olympic closing ceremonies? I thought of you. ;)

Joanne - No worries, I haven't the foggiest idea for March either. I've been working on some charity things and taking a bit of a breather from big projects. I am working on a Christmas sampler 'ghan that has Christmas tree squares, so I may knock out a couple of those for my March project. In a crunch I could always make an ornament. :shrug 31 days in March, lots of time. :tup

Colleen - I did see him during the closing ceremonies. As soon as he started singing I screamed, "It's Michael Buble!!!" He looked lovely as usual. :yes

The flannelghans are red & black (the one I started in Feb. for my dad's Christmas gift). Mine is blue and cream to go with my new living room furniture. I really need to get these done so I appreciate the encouragement.

I finally finished my projects for the February Songs. I made a Reindeer Baby Hat for Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer and I made a drumpad cover for The Little Drummer Boy.

post-6187-135897509771_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897509774_thumb.jpg

Colleen - I did see him during the closing ceremonies. As soon as he started singing I screamed, "It's Michael Buble!!!" He looked lovely as usual. :yes

The flannelghans are red & black (the one I started in Feb. for my dad's Christmas gift). Mine is blue and cream to go with my new living room furniture. I really need to get these done so I appreciate the encouragement.

Nicole- I saw the one you started to go with your new LR furniture- looking good- and I give you lots of credit doing it in sc. When I made mine I did HDC! Can't wait to see it all finished and :yes you can do this:cheer:cheer:cheer

I finally finished my projects for the February Songs. I made a Reindeer Baby Hat for Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer and I made a drumpad cover for The Little Drummer Boy.

Love them both!!!! the drum pad cover is really neat!!! And what's not to love about the reindeer hat? You did a great job on both.

tralee - That is one adorable hat! I like the drum-pad cover, too. Good work!

Joanne - Thank you! I'm plugging right along so far. I hope to have it finished within the next couple of weeks. I'm making my dad's in DC because the SC would probably be too warm for him. I wanted something thick and warm for me. :D

Keep up the good work everyone

tralee - Wow! I love those! A reindeer and a drummer boy project. :blush Now I really feel guilty for not finish February (yet!). That hat is so cute and what a creative idea, the drum cover!

I'm proud of me for actually getting done what I'm "scheduled" to do on my Christmas afghans this week. It's a tough week!

Here's some cheering, to help with your motivation, too.:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Christmas is coming! Get your projects done!

12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling is FUN!

OK, I was never a cheerleader. can ya tell???:blush

Thank you so much for the nice comments. I am happy to say that I finished the March project! Here are my pictures of O Christmas Tree Baby Hat, also shown as a Christmas decoration. I hope you like it. I designed it myself (pretty new to me).:yay

post-6187-13589750991_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897509914_thumb.jpg

Wow! That is very creative!! WTG on getting your March project done so quickly.

I decided that I'm going with the word "delight" and making a tote for myself, which would delight me. :devil I also have a Christmas tree ornament to finish. :yes

Archived