Homemade Christmas tree 2009

Tampa Doll

As many of you know, I have kept my tree up all year. I tried decorating it for each month. Well, I am at the end of the year and it is my Christmas tree.:ctree

I spent one year making the snowflakes, doves, angels, bells and other assorted things. I have special ornaments, an angel named Violet, a heart that was made from a special dress my Mom wore, an Owl my Mom crocheted, gold bells we have had for years. Every year we add something that has been sent by Crochetville friends. I have a crochet hook, some snowflakes, a card ornament and several angels.

This is my pride and joy.

I meant to post this earlier, but Tampa Guy said it was not ready. When he got the Four Roses Burbon, he said now it is ready.:rofl

Here is wishing you all a very Merry Christmas:ctree and a Happy New Year:yay, from our house to yours.

post-105-135897487965_thumb.jpg This is our Girly Christmas More pictures

The tree is stunning and I love all of the dolls sitting around. Tampa Guy's Four Roses Bourbon does set everything else off. I am curious though. I am originally from Kentucky where bourbon got its start. There is even a county in Kentucky named Bourbon. But I have never heard of Four Roses Bourbon. What's the history of it? I would love to know.

The tree is stunning and I love all of the dolls sitting around. Tampa Guy's Four Roses Bourbon does set everything else off. I am curious though. I am originally from Kentucky where bourbon got its start. There is even a county in Kentucky named Bourbon. But I have never heard of Four Roses Bourbon. What's the history of it? I would love to know.

This is a nostalgia memory for me...post-4215-135897488487_thumb.jpg

It’s the first time that I have been able to get some of this, as even though it’s been made in the USA for many years they stopped selling it in the USA around 1970 or so and only exported it to countries outside the USA.

http://www.fourroses.us/home

Growing up in the 50’s my step dad, who was an ordinary factory worker, would splurge

around Christmas time and buy a bottle of this Four Roses.

We live in a row home in the city of Camden across the river from Philadelphia. We didn’t have a car and took public transportation everywhere we needed to go. It was a simple life but was a happy time for me. As I grow older my memories often drift back to that simpler time.

Of course he only bought the less expensive version and at the time I didn’t even know it was a Bourbon type whiskey.

So this Christmas Tampa Doll found me some of the Four Roses Bourbon, she was not sure which one was what my step dad bought , so she bought all of the different

qualities that they had. I can assure you my step dad wasn’t drinking the more expensive version.

I will think of those Christmas times of my early youth as I sip some of this Four Roses Bourbon.

And I will wish for all, happy memories of Past, Present, and Future Christmas times.

Mary Jo - beautiful tree full of memories old and new. Love all the toys and dolls. Have a Happy happy Christmas and cant wait to see more of your gorgeous trees, tables, totes and dolls in the New Year 2010

:ty Tampa Guy for the information on Four Roses Bourbon. I grew up in Louisville, KY but honestly don't remember hearing or seeing any of this brand of bourbon. Since they quit making it around 1970 I was not old enough to buy liquor. I was born in 1951 and you had to be 21 to purchase liquor/beer which would have been 1972 for me. My mother had a tavern from 1959 to 1973 but she was only licensed to serve beer. So I would not have heard of this brand that way either. Thanks the website was fascinating. It gave me a little "taste" of Kentucky since its been over a year since I've been back there. It will probably be sometime after the first of the year before we can go. Don't get me wrong though. I really like here in Nashville, TN. But where you grew up is always special.

Tampa guy was right. The four roses burbon made it perfect. Everything is very beautiful.

As many of you know, I have kept my tree up all year. I tried decorating it for each month. Well, I am at the end of the year and it is my Christmas tree.:ctree

I spent one year making the snowflakes, doves, angels, bells and other assorted things. I have special ornaments, an angel named Violet, a heart that was made from a special dress my Mom wore, an Owl my Mom crocheted, gold bells we have had for years. Every year we add something that has been sent by Crochetville friends. I have a crochet hook, some snowflakes, a card ornament and several angels.

This is my pride and joy.

I meant to post this earlier, but Tampa Guy said it was not ready. When he got the Four Roses Burbon, he said now it is ready.:rofl

Here is wishing you all a very Merry Christmas:ctree and a Happy New Year:yay, from our house to yours.

[ATTACH]13905[/ATTACH] This is our Girly Christmas More pictures

Beautiful MaryJo and Tampa Guy I do remember 4 Roses. My parents didn't really drink but at Christmas time with all the family around the liquor came out and the 4 Roses was always there.

May you both have a wonderful Merry Christmas

Archived