Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

Here are the updated pics of my CRW. I hope that you like it! I think I am going to do a couple of hats now they are mindless and I don't have to count every stitch!!!

post-19553-135897492367_thumb.jpg

post-19553-135897492373_thumb.jpg

Have a Great DAY!!:manyheart

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorothy, love the CRW.

Taylor :birthday

On most Sundays, I sit for an hour and half waiting for my boys to do their volunteer "gig." (It's teaching people to swim, so it's not like I could help -- I can't swim!) So I thought that would be the perfect time to make my hat for the week, or at least get a good start on it. Well, this week, they didn't have their class because of the holiday. I didn't even pick up a hook. I was feeling cranky, and didn't want the lack of love to show up in my stitches.

I'm donating mine as I go along. Was nice to deliver a few scarves last week. They are going to shelters.

That is great Gran are you keeping a total so we can amaze ourselves by our generosity at the end of the year?

Dorothy, I see from your siggy that you have 50 hats done!!! :nworthy You :2rock

I'm so impressed. That's how many I want to do all year, and it's Jan. 4, and you have 50!!! :faint Did I mention that i'm impressed? i started #5.

Dorothy, I see from your siggy that you have 50 hats done!!! :noworthy You :2rock

I'm so impressed. That's how many I want to do all year, and it's Jan. 4, and you have 50!!! :faint Did I mention that i'm impressed? i started #5.

You are funny! I am doing baby hats so they don't take a long time to do. And I haven't been sleeping well at night so it is the perfect time to work on them. I am working on #52 at the moment.

You are funny! I am doing baby hats so they don't take a long time to do. And I haven't been sleeping well at night so it is the perfect time to work on them. I am working on #52 at the moment.

WTG Dorothy

What baby hat pattern are you using? Is it one you can share?

Thanks

WTG Dorothy

What baby hat pattern are you using? Is it one you can share?

Thanks

Here is the pattern that I have been using it is super fast and not one that takes a lot of time to get used to.

http://www.crochetspot.com/free-crochet-pattern-newborn-baby-hat/

Wow Dorothy! you amaze me- even if they are newborn hats- working on #52 or was it 54???? I only have 2 hats done-

Taylor- can't wait to see the 2nd hat

Beth- Hey- you are on #5--you are ahead of me...lol

Thanks for the pattern link Dorothy!

Wow Dorothy! you amaze me- even if they are newborn hats- working on #52 or was it 54???? I only have 2 hats done-

Taylor- can't wait to see the 2nd hat

Beth- Hey- you are on #5--you are ahead of me...lol

Thanks for the pattern link Dorothy!

:hookI have 55 done and 56 on the hook now. I am taking a bit of a break and reading a book. I should be done with it soon. I try to read at least 2 books a week. This is one that I found at the dollar store called BED REST and it is cute. I was on bed rest with my girls so I can relate and it is going fast.:blush

I finished hat #5. I need to empty my box and take a pic for you, but they aren't all my creations -- I taught two beautiful, talented, caring, young ladies to crochet (one is 16, one is 11) and they donate hats for brain surgery patients, also. I am so proud of "my" girls. We have a wonderful relationship -- my kids don't care to learn to crochet, the girls' parents don't know how, so I can teach the girls, and they have someone to teach them. We all win.:manyheart

post-16396-135897492537_thumb.jpg

I finished hat #5. I need to empty my box and take a pic for you, but they aren't all my creations -- I taught two beautiful, talented, caring, young ladies to crochet (one is 16, one is 11) and they donate hats for brain surgery patients, also. I am so proud of "my" girls. We have a wonderful relationship -- my kids don't care to learn to crochet, the girls' parents don't know how, so I can teach the girls, and they have someone to teach them. We all win.:manyheart

WTG Beth teaching someone to crochet is just great. Love the hats.

Your hats look great!! I have taught several of my friends and Tays friends to crochet or knit, I tell them that I will supply their first skein of yarn and hook or kneedles but they must "make payment" buy making at least one thing for charity. It is a win win!!!

WTG Beth- that is so neat that you have taught two girls to crochet- I attempted to teach 2 of my DD's- they just didn't like it. I always bring hook and yarn when I visit my oldest in Boston- and each time I go, I ask her if she wants to learn- and she says yea, maybe...one day....so I'll try again in a few weeks when I see her. Maybe she'll get tired of me asking her and she will give it a whirl:lol

Nice job on the hats!

Hello Ladies!!! Just wanted to drop by and see how every one is doing!!! We are supposed to be getting another winter storm here. Anyone want some snow? You can come get all of it that you want.:devil

I made another hat and finished 2 scrapghans. That makes 3 hats recently made and I'm gathering up hats the kids don't wear anymore to toss in my box also.

:cheerCongrats on the 2 finished scrapgans!! And the Hats!:cheer

dewbaby00 - congrats on the finished projects! That's amazing!

I finished hat #6 at work yesterday. I started hat #7, but had to frog it back to almost nothing. And since I was working, I had to shove it in my bag to take payments, and now I have knotzilla... But untangling messes is half the fun!

I am going to have to make one of these for a little boy whose sister takes ballet. He loved the hat I was making -- it was a smaller size -- and he asked if I was making it for him. How do I say no??? Particularly when he held my hand, and asked if he could help me with my work, and sat on my lap...

I finished hat #6 at work yesterday. I started hat #7, but had to frog it back to almost nothing. And since I was working, I had to shove it in my bag to take payments, and now I have knotzilla... But untangling messes is half the fun!

:hook WTG on the hats!!!! Are you going to post pictures? :crocheting

Beth- I am not a fan of untangling knotzilla messes of yarn! Now I know where to send my yarn that ends up all tangled! WTG on hat #7- and I don't see how you could possibly resist making for that little boy!

Dorothy- Sorry- you can keep your snow!:lol

Archived