Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

I have spent most of the day cleaning out closets and putting the Christmas stuff up. I also cleand out a wagon seat (it used to be my toy box when I was little). In the process I found a bag I started that was almost done so I finished that today. Here is the pic of it.

post-19553-135897490233_thumb.jpg

Tay, I am glad that you got your first hat done! I am a proud moma!!! Keep up the good work. :c9:cheer:c9

I hope that every one else had a good day!!! :yes

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor Lynn, love the hat. It looks very nice.

Dorothy, nice bag! I need to play "clean out the yarn storage area" so I can organize my yarn better. You're a good momma to get your daughter involved in charity crocheting!!!

My son went to his friend's house. I taught his friend's sister to crochet, and she makes hats for the brain surgery patients, also. She brought me a hat she had finished. I went through the place I store the hats and tossed them in a box. I have 19 ready to send. I think I'll make about 6 more, send 25 at a time. It's nice to have them out of my yarn storage, though, and in a box.

I started another hat this morning in the wee hours. I hope to finish it today, and add it to the box.

Beth, thank you for the nice comments to Taylor and I both. Tay has always had a big heart for others. the first thing she ever crocheted was a baby blanket for a NICU. It is so funny she has a little box from the post office (think flat rate) that she is using for her boxing day. She keeps saying how do you do that so fast???

Today I am going to make a couple hats I think. After my marathon cleaning session yesterday I don't think I have the mental abilities to work on the CRW. hubby is home too and I am sure that he will want to pester me all day so... Hats or scarves it is.

Have a GREAT day ladies and keep up the good work!!

WTG Taylor on that hat!! And WTG Dorothy for being such a great momma and on finishing that tote!!! And WTG Beth on all the hats you have done so far!!!

Sadly, no hats from me. Tonight is flannelghan night- it is calling my name as I sit here and type so I really should get off the computer and get hooking!!!

Hello !!

The last 2 days have not been very productive for me. As predicted yesterday he thought we had to run every where.... shopping with men is horrible. I did manage to senak into hobby lobby :devil! By the time we got home I was tired and just wanted to sit and go to my corchet zone but the kids wanted to play a game. So we did that instead.

Today I have baked bread, made cinamon rolls for morning, and put a prime rib in for dinner tonight. Hubby is out in the garage, Taylor is in her room and the twins are laying down. So it is me time. :hook

:wavingEveryone!!! I have been MIA but been a little busy thru Christmas. We had company and now we have sickness going thru the house :yuck. I have gotten to crochet some and so far I have made 10 hats and found one in a bag of scrap yarn I bought at the Goodwill. I am also working on 2 drum afghan(one which will be lapghan or baby sized and the other is full size), granny square lapghan, and a couple of RRs. I will try to get pics of stuff some time later :xfin.

:cheer:clap:yay WTG Tay on your first hat!!!!

:yay:clap WTG everyone on all your :crocheting accomplishmens!!!!!!

Our twins are 6... And to top that off we have a 13 soon to be 14 year old (Jan 2). ALL GIRLS!!!! I am not looking foreward the the learners permit stage of life.

As a momma of 3 girls too, I can only say that you are lucky that you won't have 3 as teenagers all at once. Mine are now 30, 28 3/4 and 27- so I had 3 teenage girls at the same time- Hormones raging, all the fun stuff. But, now that they are adults I am so happy that we are all friends and that they are all close to one another. And yes, once they start driving, you always worry....even when they are adults!

Count me in. I've been messing around with a baby blanket for the past few days with no one to give it to. I just love making them. I'm going to try to find somewhere to donate my things to. Maybe I'll try some hats too. Believe it or not, I've never made one.

I'd also like to make a few things for the soldiers as well but I like to keep things small. :-)

I had about 11 rounds done on a hat that was taking forever (spent about 2 hrs) due to the tangles in the yarn I was using. It was becoming increasingly frustrating to have to keep stopping to untangle the yarn. Finally gave up and put the yarn and the 1/4 finished hat in a mailing envelope and I'm sending it back to Caron- It is Simply Soft. This is the second skein of SS that I have had trouble with as far as so many knots and tangles.

Please remind me never to buy this yarn again---even if it is on sale! LOL

I had plans to make more hats this week then got started on a 3 sub finished that one and my 9 yr old DD took off with it and I still need to weave the ends and trim them, now I am working another 3 sub without pinks and purples for my DS. Maybe next week before I get more hats done. I go back to work tomarrow night :(

I finished hat #3 this morning! 2010 off to a good start- used the same yarn as last night- different skein- and YAY no tangles, or knots!!! It is a basic brim hat in the color ocean by Caron SS (kind of looks like teal- very pretty color).

Have a great 2010 everyone!

I have not done any thing today accecpt take a nap. Hubby and I were watching movies until about 2 this morning then our twins got up about 6 so I was nice and let hime sleep. After he got up I went to sleep.

Yarn that does not tangle is the best!! I have gotten to where I re wind every yarn before I use it. It takes longer but at least I don't have issues when I crochet it up.

I had about 11 rounds done on a hat that was taking forever (spent about 2 hrs) due to the tangles in the yarn I was using. It was becoming increasingly frustrating to have to keep stopping to untangle the yarn. Finally gave up and put the yarn and the 1/4 finished hat in a mailing envelope and I'm sending it back to Caron- It is Simply Soft. This is the second skein of SS that I have had trouble with as far as so many knots and tangles.

Please remind me never to buy this yarn again---even if it is on sale! LOL

Wow, I've never had any trouble with Caron SS

Wow, I've never had any trouble with Caron SS

I had trouble with it once before back in October- I was whipping up a Red Scarf to wear to a Rutgers football game and had the same issues as last night. Usually I have had no problems with the SS and I love their colors and the drape of the yarn. Today, I decided to use the second skein I had of the same color, same dye lot as the one last night and it was wonderful. So I guess I just got some bad skeins- I was so happy that the skein today was a pleasure to work with!

Dorothy- do you have a winder? My stepdaughter got me a swift for Christmas, but don't see how that would help with anything unless I had a winder to go along with it. I know, newbie questions:think:lol

Good Morning !

I am going to watch Lord of the rings today ( or try to) and work on hats. I finished #40 last night.

Yes, I have a yarn winder and I love it. Mine is by Royal. There are several brands out there. I think if I have to buy a new one that I will go with the one from knitpicks.com . It is less expensive than any of the others I have seen and looks like it would work well. They have lots of things in their catalog that are good deals. I hope this helps.

Have fun crocheting and have a GREAT DAY!!

:cheerHappy Birthday TAY!!:cheer

:birthday:bday

Hello ladies!! How is every one doing? I have 46 hats done and now I am back to working on the cathedral rose window.... I have a feeling that it is going to take a while to get it done!

It has been quiet here so I wanted to check in with people.

hi Dorothy-

Thanks for the info on the winder! I'll look into one-Wow 46 hats- You go girl!!! I've been working every day- so haven't had much time to do any crocheting- mainly work, eat, sleep and clean!!!

Happy Birthday to Taylor!!! Hope it was a great one!!!!!

Work should calm down again for a few weeks starting after next weekend and hopefully I can get a few more hats done!!!

Archived