Hats for boxing Day ?

dorothysgirls

Dorothy, that sure does sound tempting. Unfortunately I have laundry tomorrow. I did one load this afternoon because I spent the morning trying to clean off the table. Besides eating at our table I have been keeping my bills to pay as well as the copies of the paid bills and any other things, such as crochet patterns, magazines, grocery ads, etc. that I am currently looking at/working with on the table too. Well my mountain and the couple of boxes I was using to store the paid bills in was taking over the table. Since I recently got rid of some paperback books that has freed up a couple of shelves so I have been moving that stuff to those shelves. My husband and I are packrats and our house is so full the seams are bursting. My goal/resolution for 2010 is to get rid of a bunch of stuff and get this house organized for once. Anyway that is enough of that stuff. We have some things to do to get ready for Christmas plus I am working on a scarf but its part of a Christmas present for my family. I am also working on an afghan for a January 9 wedding. But on December 26 I do plan on at least getting a start on either a scarf or hat for the CAL. I have a huge stash of yarn so I have some ready to use for the scarves and hats. Will keep everyone posted. Merry Christmas/:sheepxmas Fleece Navidad to everyone in the Boxing Day CAL.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! I do this anyway, making hats/scarves for the kids at DHR who are in foster care for winter. I try to donate them by November, but I'm running a little late this year! My goal is about 100 hats, and however many scarves I can muster, since that's about how many kids are in the system at any given time in our county. I've never gotten more than about 40-50, but it's good to have a big goal!! :) I'm in!! :)

Victoria

:hiEveryone!!!!! I see a lot of familar faces here :yay:cheer:clap. Some of you I know very well and love spending time with you :wink, some of you I have just gotten acquainted with in other CALs and really enjoyed the time we shared :), and those of you I don't know, I am looking forward to getting to know you :dance but it is good to see you all!!!!!!!

Thanks for adding me in Dor, I appreciate it. But you know, I just thought about something, I won't be able to start until I get to your house, as I will be traveling all day:xfin on the 26th, provided that the weather isn't real bad. You know we are under a winter weather advisory here, go figure :lol, huh. We are expecting 7-14" of snow by Friday. Why is it that my trips to WY always involve 12" or more of :2snow:rofl?

Anyways, it is good to see everyone and I will get started as quickly as I can. Dor, a lot of my hats and scarves will be coming your way and some of my scarves are going to another Viller who is donating to the Veterans. I will post a link to that thread here, first chance I get.

:hug:hug:hug to you all and looking forward to the fun I know we will have with this CAL.

Hi Scooby- Glad you are in on this CAL!

I am going to try and set a realistic goal of a hat a week-with my crazy work schedule, anything more may overwhelm me! But, who knows? I can't wait to get started....but first, I have to get my hook going and finish a scarf that I am gifting at work this morning!

:hiJoanne!!!!! :hugIt is really good to see you here :yay:yay:yay. I :phone to Dorothy the other day and she told me she put me in on this one :lol and I said ok, as soon as I get a chance I will post. We have a great group of ladies participating and it is going to be lots of fun seeing which hats and scarves everyone is making.

I will set my goal for one hat a week although, I may make more than that, but I don't want to set my goal too high in case life gets in the way :lol.

Just a few more days and we can all get started :woo.

I spent some time this past weekend organizing my stash. It was out of control so I got some totes to go under the bed. DH found me some of the jumbo zip lock bags so now I can separate my projects and each can have it's own bag.

So far I have 6 baby ghans in progress. I will set a mini-goal of getting a hat done for each one. Then we'll see how it goes after that. Hats are pretty new for me so I don't want to overwhelm myself.

Good afternoon everyone.....hope the day is going well for each of you. Hi Scooby I am in crochet heaven....just picked up 5 crochet magazines for less than $1 total. One is from Jan 09 and has some great looking hats in it..I didn't look closely enough to see if I can do them yet but the coffee is brewing.....the Cella's chocolate covered cherries are waiting and I'm going to settle in for some crochet browsing and dreaming. :c9

I spent some time this past weekend organizing my stash. It was out of control so I got some totes to go under the bed. DH found me some of the jumbo zip lock bags so now I can separate my projects and each can have it's own bag.

So far I have 6 baby ghans in progress. I will set a mini-goal of getting a hat done for each one. Then we'll see how it goes after that. Hats are pretty new for me so I don't want to overwhelm myself.

:clap:cheer:yayWTG getting that stash organized!!! You will find that hats are really easy to do after you get the hang of crocheting in a round. I will try to post some links to easy hat patterns when I get caught up with all my baking etc etc.

Good afternoon everyone.....hope the day is going well for each of you. Hi Scooby I am in crochet heaven....just picked up 5 crochet magazines for less than $1 total. One is from Jan 09 and has some great looking hats in it..I didn't look closely enough to see if I can do them yet but the coffee is brewing.....the Cella's chocolate covered cherries are waiting and I'm going to settle in for some crochet browsing and dreaming. :c9

:hug Hi Pattern!!! Good to see you here!!!! I would be on :c9 too. That was a good find on the magazines:cheer:clap:yay. Enjoy your day browsing through them as I am sure you are like me and will look at them over and over again :lol.

Hope everyone else is having a great day. I am baking cookies and watching the :snow pile up again, even though the snow we got a couple weeks ago isn't all gone yet :lol. Will be getting my :yarn and :chooks ready to go in a day or so.

Looking forward to starting. I have a 4 day weekend so I better get a few done this weekend, since next week I have to work late every night and even have to work New Years Day and the weekend!

I made two easy scarves that I just gifted- they are from the Lion Brand website- The Belle Scarf- (the name caught my eye since my new grand furbaby is named Belle)- It uses 1 skein Homespun and they come out so neat. Almost as quick as a hat---almost:lol

See you all on Boxing Day!!!:yay

I would love to join you ladies on this one. I have the next 11 days off so I will have sometime to get started on this. I have my box already too. I got a new printer about a month ago and save the box. So now I have use for it. But one thing I have to be careful about I told my son that after today I will not let my crochet project take over the living room any more like I did getting Christmas presents done for work.

Hello All!!! :welcome to our newest member Grammy Roberts!

Scooby I think I have changed my mind about wanting you to move to Wyoming with me... Every time you say you are comming to Wyoming we get hammered with snow ..:2snowYou know I still love you. We are currently under a winter storm warning till about midnight tonight. I can only hope that it clears up enought for you to get here. If you can make it don't forget to bring hooks. :devil

I am so happy that evey one else is getting ready for this! I can't wait to see what every one does and how many people we can help as a group. I posted a link explaining what boxing day was in a earlier post, I am not sure that you all saw it.

I might have to delay putting any pictures up unless my daughter will be kind enough to let me use her camera... Mine grew legs and strolled right out the front door. Taylor is a member here and she wants to make scarves. I will add her to the list but I am not sure how many she will get done.

:wreathMerry Christmas :ctree

Since my last post yesterday, I gather together some websites where I have searched for scarves and hat patterns. I am not sure how to do the link so here's the websites names. First, there is Crochet Pattern Central. Look under "Winter Wear." Then there is Bev's Country Cottage. There is also the Coats and Clark website. They have one on there that I have been using for the caps I made for my church's clothes closet. Its LW 1738 - Head Hugger Cap by Edie Eckman. And let us not to forget to check on the Crochetville website. That should be enough for everyone to get started. Good Luck everyone. Fleece :sheepxmas Navidad!!!!

Hello All!!! :welcome to our newest member Grammy Roberts!

Scooby I think I have changed my mind about wanting you to move to Wyoming with me... Every time you say you are comming to Wyoming we get hammered with snow ..:2snowYou know I still love you. We are currently under a winter storm warning till about midnight tonight. I can only hope that it clears up enought for you to get here. If you can make it don't forget to bring hooks. :devil

I am so happy that evey one else is getting ready for this! I can't wait to see what every one does and how many people we can help as a group. I posted a link explaining what boxing day was in a earlier post, I am not sure that you all saw it.

I might have to delay putting any pictures up unless my daughter will be kind enough to let me use her camera... Mine grew legs and strolled right out the front door. Taylor is a member here and she wants to make scarves. I will add her to the list but I am not sure how many she will get done.

:wreathMerry Christmas :ctree

:lol:lol:lol I am gonna quit making plans to come to your house, instead I am just going to :2magicly appear. I know if I just showed up you would let me in and set my place at the supper table :rofl. Our storm warning is over in the morning and sposed to be clearing out Saturday. You better hope the weather is decent on your end now so I can make it :lol.

:hyper:hyper:hyper OMG I am so excited, I see one of my long lost friends. TERRIJO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so good to see you. How are you girl?????????????????? :hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi Grammy. :welcome:lol I bet you never thought that printer box would be put to such good use as a CAL so quickly :lol Glad to have you join us!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:lol:lol I am gonna quit making plans to come to your house, instead I am just going to :2magicly appear. I know if I just showed up you would let me in and set my place at the supper table :rofl. Our storm warning is over in the morning and sposed to be clearing out Saturday. You better hope the weather is decent on your end now so I can make it :lol.

:hyper:hyper:hyper OMG I am so excited, I see one of my long lost friends. TERRIJO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so good to see you. How are you girl?????????????????? :hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi Grammy. :welcome:lol I bet you never thought that printer box would be put to such good use as a CAL so quickly :lol Glad to have you join us!!!!!!!!!!

Well Miss Scooby are you sure that I would let you in and feed you too? I was thinking since you are comming here on the 26th and that is the first day of this CAL, you should just bring hooks and you can fill my box. :devil Then I would have less to do!!!

:welcome to Grammy and to Terri!!!

Merry Christmas!!! I hope that all of you wonderfull ladies had a great day!

I am sitting here watching it snow and snow.... Wondering if Scooby will be able to get to my house. ( you might have to shovel me out from the outside). We are under a winter storm advisory untill 5 pm tomrrow. So if nothing else it will be a great day to sit in the house and watch a fire and crochet!!! Hope to see you all soon. :hook

Good morning everyone!

Glad to see you here Beth!!! Scooby and Dorothy- thinking about you and the winter weather and hoping you get to make the trip Scooby!

Well, it is nice and quiet here this morning. So I think I'm going to make a quick hat out of some Wool Ease Thick and Quick I have.

We have lots and lots of Snow here in the middle of Nebraska this morning. I don't plan to do much to day but Crochet. (after I finish my hot cocoa and christmas cookies.) I going to make Hats and scarves but not sure for who yet. Not sure if they will be for Adults or kids.

Have a Great Day everybody and for those of you that have cold weather and snow be warm.

Pauly

Archived