Pot and Plate Pinchers

carovan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like this pattern! I made the medium size and I plan on making these for gifts. Thank you for the pattern. :)

It looks awesome!! :cheer Thanks for sharing a picture. They make great gifts and are so easy to whip up in a short time.

Would it be possible to use acrylic yarn for these? I don't have any cotton and I want to make these right now! Thank You!

Yes you can use acrylic yarn. I've been using the same acrylic hot pads for about 15 years with no problems. They just don't like cast iron skillets straight froma 400+ degree oven or empty pans that were on top of a red hot burner. :( Other than that, acrylic is fine. :D For frying, I use cast iron skillet handle covers made from rug yarn. I even take the skillets out of the oven with acrylic potholders, I just set them on crocheted fabric pot holders.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw this for the first time. What a neat idea. Perfect for microwave plates that get hot. I plan to make a few prs of them soon. Thanks for the free pattern!:clap

I do prefer to use cotton for anything that comes in contact with heat.There is a country restaurant around here similar to cracker barrel that uses crocheted & knitted potholders to set hot dishes on your table-I was surprised they were acrylic. The tops were melted & "fused together" from the hot pots being set on top of them but I could still tell they were stitched.

Carolyn,

Hi There,

Just did a pattern something like this from a library book. I am doing them for DD and DIL with 2 different sizes hotpads to put hot containers upon. But needless to say I had a bunch of sewing to do so I appreciate your pattern because I have 5 more to do and I want to do some for each of my 5 sis's.

Happy Crocheting,

KathyWho

Carolyn,

Hi There,

Just did a pattern something like this from a library book. I am doing them for DD and DIL with 2 different sizes hotpads to put hot containers upon. But needless to say I had a bunch of sewing to do so I appreciate your pattern because I have 5 more to do and I want to do some for each of my 5 sis's.

Happy Crocheting,

KathyWho

I hate sewing things together too, which is what makes this pattern so quick and easy...NO Sewing!!!!! :cheer

• 11 months later...

Gonna make some of these, along with a couple of dishcloths, for my sister's birthday coming up. I think she'll love them, since the microwave is what she uses 98% of the time ;)

post-10186-135897617438_thumb.jpg

I whipped this up real quick its the small one I just did an extra round of sc around the whole peice. Made with SS because I have no cotton on hand right now. It was an easy pattern and worked up quick. I started after I posted my first post.

Okay minus bathroom break, and time to find a ball of yarn and hook. Oh and seperating the kids from fighting, LOL. So aprox. about twenty to twenty five min.

[ATTACH]33435[/ATTACH]

I whipped this up real quick its the small one I just did an extra round of sc around the whole peice. Made with SS because I have no cotton on hand right now. It was an easy pattern and worked up quick. I started after I posted my first post.

Okay minus bathroom break, and time to find a ball of yarn and hook. Oh and seperating the kids from fighting, LOL. So aprox. about twenty to twenty five min.

It looks great! Glad that it worked up quickly for you even with all the distractions....LOL :lol

• 8 months later...

Archived